Hearts of Iron 4
So, I bought this game a while ago and have played with someone from the community on the game before.

Hearts of Iron 4 is a WWII strategy game. I'm a real sucker for Military games, as well as Strategy games. 

We had fun, playing cooperative as the United Kingdom, however, we kept getting pushed back whenever we tried to invade Germany to try and end the war.

Recently, I played yet another game, this time, however, I played as the United States. This game lasted more than one day.

I decided to give America a twist. I turned the USA into a fascist country and began to take over Central America, beginning with Mexico and working my way down. Researched Nukes in about 2 years, way earlier than it's supposed to be, and I proceeded to take over Central America. By the time I reached the Columbia side of Panama, the other person I was playing with had taken over Canada, and was moving to capture Austrailia and New Zealand. I moved on to capture Columbia, Venezuela, and begin to capture Brazil before it was time for my buddy to head off. Below is a screenshot of what North, Central, and South America looked like by the end of the 1st game session.

[Image: KZReLrZ.jpg]

As you can see, my North American Expeditionary Force, led by Field Marshall Patton and color coded Red, was attempting a push to the south-west toward Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, and a south-east push toward Quito, Equador, who was surprisingly pushing me back into territory I had captured from Columbia. We had used...I'll just say "quite a few" atomic bombs to get that far into South America and push as far as we did.

I know that none of you probably care, but if you have this game:
  • What Country do you prefer to play as?
  • Do you play as Fascist or Democratic countries?
  • Atomic Bombs: Useful resource or pointless feature?
Sooo...
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 4 users Like Reebs's post:
  • Emil, Nudelsalat, Archer, Devon
I really like to play as the Soviet Union, the United States or other large industrial powers - it's just so satisfying having hundreds of civilian and military factories. 

I prefer going communism however it certainly depends on what position I'm in -if I don't have much manpower with a minor nation, I'm probably going Fascist.

I don't have much patience so usually I end up not completing games so I haven't had much experience with nukes - however, I know they are amazing when you are fighting a battle - just drop a nuke and bam, their organization is gone. 

I'm not a huge fan of HoI4 in it's current state - it feels unpolished and just not done, unlike HoI3. However, I'm sure Paradox is able to make it an amazing game with a few updates.
The following 1 user Likes Emil's post:
  • Reebs
When I am not playing millenium dawn, I play usually as the German Reich, Britain or Sweden. I prefer playing non-democratic as it is more interesting and has benefits so I end up with "The British Empire" or communist Sweden, defending from Germany. The atomic bomb is useful for clearing out a country of some resources in late 1945 but ultimately probably isn't worth the effort.
(01-07-2017, 05:28 AM)Reebs Wrote: "So, I bought this game a while ago and have played with someone from the community on the game before."

Oh is that all I am? "Someone from the community".

Jk, tis a fun game that's very management heavy but I really like playing facist countries. There is just something so satisfying about taking over the world :D
[Image: unknown.png]
I bought Europa Universalis instead of HoI,I made a big mistake
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
Quote:I bought Europa Universalis instead of HoI,I made a big mistake
Don't worry, I think it's gonna take some time before HoI4 is gonna be a "good" game. I think Paradox fucked up with their newest update to HoI4 - they released a DLC with minor features, and those that were included should have been part of the base game. The only reason it's worth getting is to get the Focus trees for the Commonwealth.

EU4 meanwhile is practically finished, it has amazing DLC (although also a few bad ones, like Mare Nostrum), and is generally just better. 

However, that's just my opinion.
Started a new single player game today. Went Fascist USA with the Blitzkrieg start. By the end of the first game session, this is what the "playing field" looks like.

[Image: rx4sIS7.jpg]

I have MacArthur's army poised to take Guatemala. Canda capitulated, as with Mexico, and I have a dual naval invasion planned for England to help Germany in their efforts, considering I joined the Axis powers as soon as I could. Currently at war, or poised to be, with the whole of South Ameria, England, And the Soviet Union. Believe it or not, No atomic bombs were used to get to where I am now.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

My most fun playtrough was probably as Fascist Greece. Its a race against your future ally Italy for the countries around you but if you play well you should do fine. After i got a decent army i could support the faction leader Germany versus the Sovjet Union.

Anyone feel free to message me if theyre up for a coop game!
(01-10-2017, 02:25 AM)Reebs Wrote: Started a new single player game today. Went Fascist USA with the Blitzkrieg start. By the end of the first game session, this is what the "playing field" looks like.

-Snip-

I have MacArthur's army poised to take Guatemala. Canda capitulated, as with Mexico, and I have a dual naval invasion planned for England to help Germany in their efforts, considering I joined the Axis powers as soon as I could. Currently at war, or poised to be, with the whole of South Ameria, England, And the Soviet Union. Believe it or not, No atomic bombs were used to get to where I am now.

Have you finally learnt how to use air wings? :D
[Image: unknown.png]
(01-10-2017, 12:18 PM)Broccoli Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 02:25 AM)Reebs Wrote: Started a new single player game today. Went Fascist USA with the Blitzkrieg start. By the end of the first game session, this is what the "playing field" looks like.

-Snip-

Have you finally learnt how to use air wings? Cheese
Nope.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran