Server banner Littletown Server banner V4B1
Server banner Build Server Discord
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The thread for coders, computer science hobbyists and whatnot
Currently doing my Computing GCSE just finished my two coursework pieces which consisted in MySQL and Python to which we had to create databases, link them and then input data corresponding to the same entries - The Python shit is just annoying a phone troubleshooter but I'm just doing my Development Documentstion for it and Testing.
EDIT: It doesn't even link into what I want to do in my future which is teach Primary School Children. But I guess it will mean I'm not an absolute mug at trying to use a computer like some teachers I have currently.
Hit me up if y'all want a SQL coder Wink Wink Wink
[Image: IFIVHXo.png]

(04-06-2017, 07:04 AM)Dragnort_ Wrote: Currently doing my Computing GCSE just finished my two coursework pieces which consisted in MySQL and Python to which we had to create databases, link them and then input data corresponding to the same entries - The Python shit is just annoying a phone troubleshooter but I'm just doing my Development Documentstion for it and Testing.
EDIT: It doesn't even link into what I want to do in my future which is teach Primary School Children. But I guess it will mean I'm not an absolute mug at trying to use a computer like some teachers I have currently.
Hit me up if y'all want a SQL coder Wink Wink Wink

Nice
I take extra-curricular IT class but I generally sleep during the lesson they only do Scratch(Eww)and a bit of MIT AppInventor
I like modelling tho
[Image: gW4yGIQ.png]
Um, come closer so no one else can hear.
that's it.

/w Currently coding projects that will be good enough for contributor rank.
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
I'm working on my Forum and Server everyday
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:91079146&b=10]
(04-06-2017, 10:24 AM)Sharpshooter Wrote: I take extra-curricular IT class but I generally sleep during the lesson they only do Scratch(Eww)and a bit of MIT AppInventor
I like modelling tho

I hate Scratch xD

[-] The following 1 user Likes Dragnort_'s post:
  • Sharpshooter
Computer Science in school
  • High Level Languages, such as C# and SQL
  • Low Level Languages (Machine code)
  • Working in various IDEs
Out of School
  • I am learning Lua and GLua. I am trying to learn these to a high extent and level of quality.
  • Extra Mathematics which helps with Computer Science

I am happy of the progress I have made in Computer Science, I seem to be doing well compared to my peers with a level 7 (New UK GCSE) on my first exam.
(01-06-2017, 02:17 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote: lua is actually a pretty easy language to code in, especially when we are talking about gLua. Thing is, you just make a .lua file, open it with your favourite editor, write in some code, start GMod and have fun experimenting. There is no need for compiling the code, like you would have to in C. Also the way the language works is very beginner friendly and less confusing (no semicolons after an action, no variable type defining, no declaring variables, no curly braces for if statements, no onetype variables only, no function types, no zerotable index...)

Here is a comparison of what C# would look like and what lua would look like:
Code:
public int main(string[] varargs) {
       System.Console.WriteLine(AddTwoNumbers(5, 10));
       return 0;
}

public int AddTwoNumbers(int a, int b) {
    private int ab = 0;
    ab = a + b;
    return ab;
}
Code:
function main()
      print(AddTwoNumbers(5, 10))
end

function AddTwoNumbers(a, b)
      local ab = a + b
      return ab
end

I left out the include shit for C# as this will make things even more complicated...

After learning C#, GLua seems much easier. Ain't nobody got time for Convert.ToInt32 and string,int or var.

Adding two numbers that the user has inputted takes time...

Code:
a = Convert.ToInt32(Console.ReadLine())
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sam Hyde's post:
  • Arkten
(04-06-2017, 04:26 PM)Explore Wrote: -Snip-
Plus no it's not that easy. I need a teacher to visualise it xD

(01-06-2017, 01:21 AM)Midget Wrote: I'm making a website with a friend, right now I am learning more and more javascript but it's not easy, at least not for me.

I got some questions so if anyone want to help me out please send me a PM, whatever you got!

If you need any help with javascript, you can always PM me for help.
It's one of my favorite hobbies.
I've been working with javascript for a long time now, I can't say I'm a professional but I do know some tricks.

I'm currently working on a javascript, WebGL, 3D adventure game.
If anyone is interested here is my website http://viktorhura.github.io/
[Image: v7ehxm.png]