Is there a person with a grudge against FL?
(01-02-2017, 03:02 AM)SnowredWolf Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 12:10 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-30-2016, 11:57 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(12-30-2016, 11:38 PM)Zambie Wrote: Why are our SAs super inactive and get nothing done?
-snip-

The SA role is very minimal nowadays because Soul took a lot of the power from SAs and he has to approve anything that happens. The current job of the SAs is to conclude admin abuse cases, do promotions, and that is pretty much it. Everything else has to go through Soul for the most part. And when it comes to abuse cases, if there is actual abuse it is the same scenario as everything else. It has to go through Soul.

So yeah. Hope that helps

Pretty accurate explanation of what it's like to be SA at this point of time. Soul has trust issues which means the SA team has limited amount of powers, it's getting better with time and they're slowly getting a bigger say.
In the short period I was SA I was met by quite a few barriers when it comes to getting things through, as you explained quite a few things has to be approved by soul. Soul also took quite a few decisions alone which lead to confusion within the team upon it being rolled back due to the lack of communication. I know for a fact that Soul is working on the above, I've been speaking with him quite some times about these issues. Hopefully the SA team can be restored to what it once was.

When I say it's getting better I mean it, at least within the development scene. If some of you remember the old staff team,  they used to push a few updates they thought was needed on the server, however, after publishing it Soul removed it from the servers as he didn't like it. (fishing baits by Faustie, the new BMW)
Soul is not doing this anymore, he trusts that we will make updates that will benefit the server, he doesn't remove stuff we use time developing, at least not yet.

For Avgar and Infernaw being inactive, I can't deny the fact they are not at their full glory time being, they could improve a lot activity wise. They are both fantastic SAs who knows their shit and they do a great job when they are here for the team, I'd just like to see them both more in game. They both lurk around on the forums and read most threads that we post, it's just the fact they don't engage that much with the community that makes it seem like they are completely inactive.

Posting this on my phone, it's not going to be that great when it comes to the grammar. 

Yeah, perhaps FL needs a couple of SA's who don't prioritize their real lives and wellbeing and put their freetime into constantly having to dog after the owner for any type of help or approval.

The points that Fultz brought up, what SA need to do nowadays, is exactly what I'm doing now.
I've spoken to Soul several times about my activity, and he says as long as this is done, it also counts as a type of activity and that I should not stress about it. 

Despite the lack of in game activity due to working all holidays, other projects and interests, I decided to stay and do my best. I'm online almost daily if I can be lately. I try. I may be a so-called Super Admin, but that doesn't make me any less of a human. Same goes for Avgar. We're both in a stage in life where there's more than just school and gmod. And if quantity of activity hours matter more than having us around, I'll gladly leave my position to somebody new. Smile
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 1 user Likes Infernaw's post:
  • Rylund

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a person with a grudge against FL? - by Create - 12-30-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Is there a person with a grudge against FL? - by User 19014 - 12-30-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: Is there a person with a grudge against FL? - by Infernaw - 01-02-2017, 07:02 AM