How to make Fearless great again
(12-07-2016, 01:46 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 01:03 PM)Agorith Wrote: -snip-

The thread was made to bring ideas to the table, not salt. We all know that you feel this way. You made that clear in the "Why?" thread. Give ideas. Soul is trying to fix things. If nothing is done with this thread, then there truly is no hope.

You can call facts salt all you want but it'll remain true.
It can serve as motivation, to let Soul see things the way they are, realise his mistakes.
Stop calling everything negative you read 'salt'. It's an immature way of looking at things.
(12-07-2016, 01:46 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 01:03 PM)Agorith Wrote: -snip-

The thread was made to bring ideas to the table, not salt. We all know that you feel this way. You made that clear in the "Why?" thread. Give ideas. Soul is trying to fix things. If nothing is done with this thread, then there truly is no hope.

I know you see salt in what Agorith wrote but when i read it the point i saw from it was that the past shows that the people's effort to help this community often goes unheard in the long run.
A short example of this is the looking for developers thread from the time it was made till now so far i have not seen anything come out of it other than people asking what is going on but the answer they get seems to always be "we are working on it behind the scenes" .
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Agorith
Make me to Co Owner, I have run 3 Darkrp servers, and set em up. I think im a good candidate and you should pick me and make fearless gratet agen pls!

Steam name: K a h j o
steam id: STEAM_12345678
Bans: 9
Bleklists: About 20
Houres: 1004
I think the main things that need work are:
More devs, new or reworked jobs, More new content players can have fun with and new staffmembers who are active and want to improve. And for most of those you need new devs. So I think it's a great start to recruit new devsand staff. So you can do the other new stuff faster and more efficient.
The following 1 user Likes Tekno's post:
  • SoulRipper
I actually got a lot of things I want to address:

You have to deal with the Development Thread.
People applied and they're waiting for you to accept them. You keep them waiting for way too long, and if they even offer to do it for free you should not keep them waiting for so long.
I know promoting Developers takes time and you need to know that person and you have to trust him as well.
But what about the old contributors that have been applying? Like TrashTag.
He did a very good Job, yet you miss the chance to get him to work on the servers for free, just to help you out.
He also told me that if he would be Developer he would just clean all the suggestions in a day just to make the server a bit better.

Gmod itself is a very old game, and with new awesome games releasing every 2 months it's hard to keep up.
There's also not a lot to do on the Server at the moment;
-There are no big Roleplays for everyone that you could just join and have fun
-People are mostly just trying to farm money.
And because Gmod is so old people lose their interest in playing... Another reason for that is also the shit FPS and the Lag people get while playing Gmod on the server.
(*I heard that if you code the gmod new the FPS would be increased a lot, not sure if it'S true though*)
Even I'm just driving around the whole day, playing Hardstyle music and answering help calls

So how do you fix all this / make FL great again (This is my opinion btw)
  • Promote the people that are willing to spend their time for making FL better.
  • Get more Updates that are actually needed (Bug fixes, FPS improvements, better gun system...)
  • Do something against Minges. (Like a maximum amount of hours to become officer that's able to have a weapon)
  • Reward the player more for doing RP's. (And I know this is in conflict with the "RPP's have to be rare" thing, but where is the point in Roleplaying if don't get a reward for it?)
  • Maybe even change the v2d Map to another "gamemode" (like the Medieval one / or a serious RP server.)
  • Don't let situations like Agoriths happen again.
The following 5 users Like DreeBott's post:
  • Arkten, SoulRipper, Robbtja, RobotDuck, MrFinnConlon
(12-07-2016, 04:20 PM)DreeBott Wrote: He also told me that if he would be Developer he would just clean all the suggestions in a day just to make the server a bit better.

Only if I could decide without asking Soul or Avgar for every thread in the suggestion forum...
The following 3 users Like Arkten's post:
  • Labrador, Broccoli, DreeBott
In all seriousness guys if you were developer i.e were given ranks that allowed you to be the change you wanted to see in the server, what would you do. Like we say we want to reform the system from the inside but let's say we did that and now you are the new system and can do anything you want to make "FL" better. Personally i would make a plan to roll out an update a week but the update wouldn't really be new content it would be more like a log a week saying what bugs i'v fixed or small new additions that people wanted or something like the addition of a weekly raffle that people would pay like 5k to enter and at sunday the money is piled up and a random winner is chosen something like that ya know? then like every month i'd release a bigger update.

What about you guys.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
Alright, there are some nice ideas already in this thread, keep them coming.

It's not my mission to have a hype here. I want to make the server great again and especially listen to the players and their ideas.

So far I've noted down:

- More updates, but not just content. Give jobs such as Fireman, Nexus Desk Secretary and other jobs more to do.
- Make the market more logical, prices that are better balanced.
- Improve the economy, have more things to spend/invest money on.
- Promote new developers and fast. I have already one person that I think will do a great job. You probably know who I mean. I of course need to gather more people. I'm going to contact him this evening (if he's online)
- Make it easy for developers to implement things. Stop with the first-checking method and trust the developers fully. We should just make backups frequently and the gamemode script can't really get messed up.
- Look at the activity of some staff members.
- Improve my own activity. I'm certainly going to do this.

It's late, but it's not too late. 2017 we're going to start greatly.

More feedback would be appreciated!
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 13 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Danny Boy, Ghost, Jonas, Rylund, Eeee394, DreeBott, Arkten, Spear, Robbtja, Feffe, Envy, Random, Panda
I sincerely hope you'll go trough with it this time.
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • SoulRipper
Well you could start with making all this possable...

http://www.fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=60
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like GamingOfficialZZ's post:
  • DreeBott, SoulRipper