How to make Fearless great again
You are fighting a hard battle, fearless has seen a decline mostly because there is a decreasing player base for Garry mod and as people grow old they lose interest in fearless. In order for it to stay fresh and young we must look to keeping our new players, teaching them how to roleplay, teaching them the rules so that they have the tools to enjoy themselves.

To achieve this goal I see two approaches, the first approach is to ban and blacklist rule breakers and minges the try to get them to stop breaking rules. In recent times staff have been less harsh with their punishment in an attempt to discredit people from never returning.
The second approach is to teach new players how to role play, show them what good roleplays are like (they are beginning to become far and few between). The teacher team is also needed to help guide new players, giving them the tools that helps them to roleplay well.

We currently have adopted the first method and it is doing alright but there is still a sense that it fearless is going into decline.
It is clear to me that there we need to adopt a new approach, encouraging and teaching roleplay.

Reading through the previous posts here are a few suggestions I believe will help:
-Creation of a quick guide to the basics of fearless, preferably a video (Community lead?).
-Reduced stigma will RPPs, their purpose should be to encourage roleplay, a point is a point and they are an effective tool say 'welldone'. I think that their worth should stop being inflated
-I do not agree with Limitations on items and jobs, someone with 40hours can still minge and all they limitations do are restrict new (possibly good roleplayers) and many even prevent them from staying on fearless.
- Small tweaks need to be made to attitude from staff. E.G. if somebody is breaking fearRP, picking them up with a physics gun saying 'don't break fearRP' and then putting them back down without giving them any understanding of what they did wrong helps nobody. I understand that it requires more effort but in the long run I think it will help tackle rule breakage.
-The teacher team needs a rethink, there are currently few active teachers thus there isn't enough support coming from this perspective.
-Updates are good but they are not the key to longterm sustainability of the server's running, this has to be a players and staff effort.
-Yes, fearless could do with a rebranding and that process has begun but rebranding isn't the answer to the declining player base, no new player looks at the forums before they join the server. On that point I think the loading screens could do with a fix and more variation would be nice, even integration with a gallery section on the forums could work well.

Edit: - There was a suggestion about making V2D a map that requires users to be whitelisted and I have been pondering on the idea for sometime. I am not sure about whitelisting it but maybe making a map that is going to heavily support passive RP or even just for passiveRP. I like the idea because it really separates FL from DarkRP. When I see new players the first thing they do is buy a gun. It takes time to teach people that the is even a thing called passiveRP and a separate server would help that balance I think. Take V33x and V2d there was on for passive and one for minges, could this work? 

For the moment that is all that comes to mind but I will add more as I think of it.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 1 user Likes MrFinnConlon's post:
  • Molyneux481
Honestly I personally think they should get rid of V2D. Most of the time there's only 10 people on the server. Is it worth the money, when that money could be spent on improving the more popular servers. The money could go on advertisement. I know Spear has met a YouTuber who has been doing videos on Fl. This alone could advertise the server and could drag players to the server. In my opinion if you want more player you need to advertise. That's should be the main priority in my opinion.

On the server there are admins that DO respond and help others. But I notice a lot of new player use OOC for help because they don't know about the /help or @. Maybe on the loading screen you should mention @ and /help so the players know where to find help and guidance. Then again there aren't many active teachers and the server as well.

I just think V2d should be the only server so more people start playing on 1 server.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(03-21-2017, 09:00 AM)Midget Wrote: I just think V2d should be the only server so more people start playing on 1 server.

That makes no sense though at the moment, you're basically saying you'd like majority of people to switch over to a map they like less than the current. I understand a lot of people play v4b1 cause V2D is just dead 24/7 but it wouldn't help FL in any way. We need something totally different or at least another map that people are going to play.
(03-21-2017, 09:00 AM)Midget Wrote: I just think V2d should be the only server so more people start playing on 1 server.

V4b1 has probably grew on a ton of people now, I don't think forcing people to switch map is the solution
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 3 users Like Envy's post:
  • Awestruck, Random, Luna
What about an event where everyone switches over to V2D for the night? Not forced, but make it somewhat official and get everyone to hop over. Probably this weekend or something?
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Eclipze
(03-21-2017, 09:12 AM)DVN Wrote: What about an event where everyone switches over to V2D for the night? Not forced, but make it somewhat official and get everyone to hop over. Probably this weekend or something?

We have had passive nights ect but these are short term strategies, inorder for the server that runs V2D to have a more permanent popularity I think we need new map maybe it can be more on the more serious side of semi-serious. really I think a new map would be enough to make everybody resettle and it would happen naturally like V33x and V2D rather than putting in a passive script.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
(03-21-2017, 09:55 AM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 09:12 AM)DVN Wrote: What about an event where everyone switches over to V2D for the night? Not forced, but make it somewhat official and get everyone to hop over. Probably this weekend or something?

We have had passive nights ect but these are short term strategies, inorder for the server that runs V2D to have a more permanent popularity I think we need new map maybe it can be more on the more serious side of semi-serious. really I think a new map would be enough to make everybody resettle and it would happen naturally like V33x and V2D rather than putting in a passive script.

Like when the #SaveV2d or whatever (Cant remember) thing happened. v4b1 still had more players. and I agree with new map, I think its time to put v2d to sleep.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 2 users Like Envy's post:
  • DVN, Luna
As much as I love V2D I think we shall just let it go. How much we want it, we will never get the population to raise again. I think we should implement another map and see how that one goes, we can always change back to V2D in the future.
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
The following 2 users Like Eclipze's post:
  • Archer, Balls
A big discussion about whether v2d should get changed or not, happened a while ago.
Rockford clearly won, but it got closed and ignored.

We were told that we would get updated since the staff wanted to discuss it.
They never said a word about how it went. So they probably chose to keep v2d instead of listening to the players. As always.

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...eplacement
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!