How to make Fearless great again
I believe everyone is circle jerking 'the good 'ol days', remembering the good days but wear rose tinted goggles. FL was not perfect then, I'm talking 2012-2013. This was yes, probably the best time for FL, but also there was a huge content drought and DDoS attacks daily.

I believe people need to take off the rose-tinted goggles because even "Back in the day" people were screaming at the top of their lungs "Fearless is dead."

More event RPs that encourage everyone in the server to participate, yeah fuck it, go back to the old V2D.

Fix shitty roles no one plays, encourage PassiveRP by rewarding passive RPers RP points more frequently.

We NEED a better system to teach newcomers. We have a lot of minges and young kids, and these kids aren't going to sit down and read all the rules. Maybe a video to educate them? I talked to one kid that kept prop pushing me and being a minge and he didn't realise what the server was like, that being said, I haven't seen him since I spoke to him. Firefighters are practically useless.
Black Market Dealers are a waste of space.

I spoke to a former admin I won't say who just in case it inflicts more flame war but if the staff are serious about making FL great again, don't hype shit up and get nothing done.

I personally want to see exactly what's going on, more talking and sharing. Hell if something is in development, tell the community your ideas and listen to feedback early on. Show bi-weekly progress reports, and for god sake fix this forum please. It needs an extremely big overhall. It's just so ugly, and everything now-a-days is minimalistic and sleek.

I know people don't often agree with my opinion and that's okay but this goes for everyone, don't shut someone else down for your opinion differing theirs.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:41879812&b=10]
The following 3 users Like Grant's post:
  • Envy, MrFinnConlon, Luna
(01-06-2017, 02:00 PM)Grant Wrote: I believe everyone is circle jerking 'the good 'ol days', remembering the good days but wear rose tinted goggles. FL was not perfect then, I'm talking 2012-2013. This was yes, probably the best time for FL, but also there was a huge content drought and DDoS attacks daily.

I believe people need to take off the rose-tinted goggles because even "Back in the day" people were screaming at the top of their lungs "Fearless is dead."

More event RPs that encourage everyone in the server to participate, yeah fuck it, go back to the old V2D.

Fix shitty roles no one plays, encourage PassiveRP by rewarding passive RPers RP points more frequently.

We NEED a better system to teach newcomers. We have a lot of minges and young kids, and these kids aren't going to sit down and read all the rules. Maybe a video to educate them? I talked to one kid that kept prop pushing me and being a minge and he didn't realise what the server was like, that being said, I haven't seen him since I spoke to him. Firefighters are practically useless.
Black Market Dealers are a waste of space.

I spoke to a former admin I won't say who just in case it inflicts more flame war but if the staff are serious about making FL great again, don't hype shit up and get nothing done.

I personally want to see exactly what's going on, more talking and sharing. Hell if something is in development, tell the community your ideas and listen to feedback early on. Show bi-weekly progress reports, and for god sake fix this forum please. It needs an extremely big overhall. It's just so ugly, and everything now-a-days is minimalistic and sleek.

I know people don't often agree with my opinion and that's okay but this goes for everyone, don't shut someone else down for your opinion differing theirs.

It's correct that Fearless wasn't all sunshine back then, there was a lot of problems as you explain with DDoS attacks, usually lasting for hours,  days sometimes even weeks. However, Fearless was pretty much at a good spot back in 2013 times, v33x and v2d was number 2 and 3 on top gmod servers if I remember correctly.  (at least they were a good amount up there) 

I agree with pretty much everything you write in your reply, some good ideas and thoughts in it. 

I don't agree a hundred percentage with development being shared with the community, it's pretty much building up hype for an upcoming update without a given time for release. 

​​​​​​We usually get ideas for things we are developing by looking at suggestions and feedback to suggestions, they are usually able to give a good insight in what the community want.
The following 2 users Like Rylund's post:
  • Broccoli, Arkten
There are currently loads of suggestions that have been approved but not finished. What if we closed the suggestion area/ stop accepting suggestions until caught up because if you keep accepting suggestions, the same ones that are at the back of the pile will never be touched. Just a suggestion though Cheese

The work you guys are doing is great, and I think that if you were to close the suggestions for say like a month then you can focus on the already approved ones, it'll ease the pressure off a bit Cheese
The following 1 user Likes Create's post:
  • Luna
(01-03-2017, 06:51 PM)Robbtja Wrote: Add a requirement for becoming Police Officer. People need like 4h playtime on the server before becoming one. I think PoliceRP is the most favored roleplay style from newcomers.
They wouldn't just disconnect because they don't understand the gamemode. They would try to reach 4 hours and within this 4 hours, they will probably see how everything works, enjoy something else than PoliceRP and will stay with Fearless.

Good idea, it's a good filter so not every newcomer can immediately join a job that requires more knowledge of the gamemode.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 6 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Bobby, Random, Robbtja, Emil, Envy, Joe Joe
The hour limit is in my opinion also good because it gives newcomers something to strive and look up for. If they know they can become a cop if they play for a while it feels more special when you finally get the job.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 4 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Santacake, Robbtja, Joe Joe, Luna
Clan system!

This would defiantly be a huge part of making fearless great again.

When I opened up my first clan, it was not that I was disappointed since I did not know what to expect but I have so many ideas to improve/update the clan system and I am sure many others do, whether running or being apart of a clan.

Many have already been suggested so I hope in the next update or two there will be a improvement Cheese
Clans are mostly web based from what I see, maybe I'll get into more dev and look into something idk I doubt it
Promoting a new SA was a good step.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 1 user Likes MrFinnConlon's post:
  • Archer
Personally, doing what you're currently doing Soul.

For the past few months you've engaged with the community including myself even when my account was revoked from me, and that is what creates the best attribute to have in a community - Support. Support is key in a server and to have a 'healthy' Owner will also aid the entire community.

Keep doing what your doing SoulRipper, I honestly believe in you so much.
Kind Regards,

Signature is too big. - Haarek
In my opinion the one and only condition to fill up the other server we have is if the other cityrp server hosted by limelight ends or is down. 

Think about it the split not only split the staff at the time but also the population of the our servers. Now both the communities have two servers but can only fill one up at any given time. If one goes down I'm guessing people would go to the other. Whether it's fl or ll first isn't the point of what I'm saying but that's my logical guess on this and I'm saying this because once their server was down and v2d was filled!!

Guys from limelight reading this if Fl goes down first you get our player base so don't think I'm being biased although tbh I do have a bias for fearless over you guys because I want my team to win.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]