Downloading new content
Ok, so I have been trying to join the server, but it seems as though FL has added new content(that isn't in the content pack). Now each time I join it takes about 30 minutes to download all of the file(no idea why... they're probably pretty small. Its mostlikely because i'm in the US) and then when I DO connect, I get either a reliable snapshot or buffer overflow in net message. Then when I reconnect I have to download ALL of the same content again. Very annoying.

Anyways, any suggestions?
If you already have all the content you need to play on the server, just go to Options>Multiplayer>Custom Content. In the dropdown, choose not to download custom content, click OK. Then when you rejoin, you won't have to download the content as long as that is disabled. I would re-enable if you suspect there is new content.
Respectfully,

Hooter
(12-05-2011, 03:18 AM)Hooter++ Wrote: If you already have all the content you need to play on the server, just go to Options>Multiplayer>Custom Content. In the dropdown, choose not to download custom content, click OK. Then when you rejoin, you won't have to download the content as long as that is disabled. I would re-enable if you suspect there is new content.
The problem here is that if the content needs to be redownloaded, the client will not have the files, so Komar will get the "LUA file is misconfigured" error upon spawning.

Contact SoulRipper if you think the content pack is outdated.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(12-05-2011, 04:14 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote: The problem here is that if the content needs to be redownloaded, the client will not have the files, so Komar will get the "LUA file is misconfigured" error upon spawning.

Contact SoulRipper if you think the content pack is outdated.
Well, that is very odd. I remember the same used to happen to me, but then I got a new computer which fixed the problem.
Respectfully,

Hooter
the snapshot overflow / buffer overflow is something to do with the prop cache as explained in the FAQ but yeah take the advise from raffi contact soul because i do every known again i get the occasional constant download but its a 2 second one for me so it dont bother me.
[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9