the HTML errors on FL
There's 243 of them(i only checked the home page), https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A...Findex.php
This is used by many big companies to make sure that their websites use all the latest HTML stuff
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
cool dude
god damnit soulripper what do you think we're paying you for
The following 1 user Likes Emil's post:
  • Ivan Tempski
Ok
[Image: giphy.gif]
Google is full of errors, yet no-one cares lel
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 1 user Likes Broccoli's post:
  • Ivan Tempski
Almost all of them are CSS errors, which aren't even errors, just an old way to write code.
The following 1 user Likes RobotDuck's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
If you write HTML, you could easily do something about this should it annoy you so greatly. As this issue doesn't actually impact any of the users on FL, I'm unsure as to why there is a discussion on this topic.

That being said, I am working on revising the HTML5 to CSS on my personal time and at no expense to the community. I'm not a staff member, nor am I working for the staff, so it'll get done when I get it done, unless someone does it sooner.

Best thing I can tell you, if you see something wrong and can fix it, what's stopping you. You don't need a rank or a badge to do good things here at FL.

Sincerely,
Old Man Jokhah
The following 2 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • sebasti161, Joulle
It doesn't annoy me, I just wanted to point it out
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
The following 1 user Likes dawson270500's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
While I support you pointing it out, perhaps a bug report rather than a discussion. It doesn't seem that you actually have anything you wish to discuss on the topic and that's where I'm disconnected to what you intended to accomplish.

Perhaps it's the indoctrination from being a soldier, however they taught us that if we saw a problem, we should either report it to those who can fix it, or to attempt to find one ourselves. Debates on how there are issues, without intent to sort out a solution, tend to degrade the community more than reinforce it.

If you are interested in learning how to fix the obsolete code and bring it up to date, I'd be more than happy to offer you some level of insight into that process, though I'm not a fully trained professional yet myself. It isn't hard, but it is time consuming and tedious.
Sick thread. Might be in the wrong section though...