Looking for developers!
(11-23-2016, 01:13 PM)dawson270500 Wrote:
(11-23-2016, 12:17 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(11-23-2016, 11:35 AM)Old Man Jokhah Wrote: I wasn't aware of any money involved in the developer position, nor have I asked for any.  As for your issues with block coding, that's your opinion, however I can build the logic in block, convert it to .aia and work from there.  Block coding runs off of java.  Lua was based off java.  I have access to a variety of programs that I can use to do either.

But hey, if you don't want me to bother trying to do actual work around here, and would rather continue to deal with the issues that presently exist till they find someone they can trust, are willing to pay, that isn't making demands, by all means.  I'm offering to put in work, for free, on my time, and have been with this community off and on over years.  That's not a set of qualities you are going to find often.

I don't get it,  what's the controversy about block coding isn't it just coding at the end of the day? Idk what block coding is.

Block coding is simplified normal programming, done by people who tend to have trouble remember commands, though some popular engines now have this as the main way of programming, for example Construct 2(HTML5) and Unreal(C++/C#).

it is commonly taught to Primary School children in the UK. Though this doesn't mean its bad, many games made in Unreal are made using that's Block Coding(Known as BluePrints). Though Regular Programming is normally much more powerful and has more customization to what happens.

Although I don't think soulripper would want to have to create block code for his developers

NOTE: Everything above is purely my opinion, it is not meant to be rude/disrespectful in any way.

Regards
ELAD
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
The following 1 user Likes ELAD's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
It blows my mind the cultural differences that exist in the world today. Block coding is something that I just recently started learning in semester 1 of college. I'm not surprised to hear that UK students learn it much earlier than US ones do. My degree is for Applications Programming, which is going to take me through multiple rounds of COBOL, Java, Networking, Server database basic, and other coding languages. It was explained to me by the professor that all coding languages fall under 3 primary languages, and once you understand that, it's possible to code in any language assume you know it's core well enough.

I want to be upset and the things yall are saying about where I'm at, knowledge wise, but you aren't exactly wrong. I'm new to coding, I'm a first semester student, and I have a lot to learn. I'm just asking for the chance to try, free of charge.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Coffee
(11-23-2016, 06:59 PM)Old Man Jokhah Wrote: It blows my mind the cultural differences that exist in the world today.  Block coding is something that I just recently started learning in semester 1 of college.  I'm not surprised to hear that UK students learn it much earlier than US ones do.  My degree is for Applications Programming, which is going to take me through multiple rounds of COBOL, Java, Networking, Server database basic, and other coding languages.  It was explained to me by the professor that all coding languages fall under 3 primary languages, and once you understand that, it's possible to code in any language assume you know it's core well enough.

I want to be upset and the things yall are saying about where I'm at, knowledge wise, but you aren't exactly wrong.  I'm new to coding, I'm a first semester student, and I have a lot to learn.  I'm just asking for the chance to try, free of charge.
I'm not trying to offend you, I'm just informing.
sorry if I insulted you/disrespected you.
Thank you Envy
  • Old Man Jokhah
No no no, sir. I'm upset because being new tends to ruin chances, even though everyone has to start off new somewhere. I'm upset specifically because I was challenged to do this years ago, and instead of doing it I raged out, costing me my position here. Only reason I chose to come back to Fearless is so that I can finally stop being a scrub and accept the challenge. Should it be determined that it isn't going to be possible, I will move on to trying to code elsewhere.

It's not personal. I'm going to school to become an applications programmer, so I need to be playing with code as often as I can. Eventually, coding will be how I put food on the table for my family. This isn't about Garry's Mod, this is about me working on my life, for my family. I'm hopeful I'll get my chance. After all the hell I've caused here, doing something legitimately good is the very least I could do.
please don't be discouraged by my words, if you have to, use them as a goal, I personally am not great at code, but i know the basics. I can write basic code, but my GCSE is not in coding so I am not worried.

Personally, I look up to anyone who is a staff member here as they have proved they are worthy, I may only be a 60 hours player, and I never saw you as a staff member, but I still look up to you, for you helped run something I love, Fearless.

I may only be 14, but I hope I can inspire you to do well and succeed in code. It is what I would like to do as well later on.

Best Wishes on your learning,
ELADDD
Thank you Envy
  • Old Man Jokhah
Any updates on this?
(11-30-2016, 05:50 PM)Zapp Wrote: Any updates on this?

"Tomo - Update thread draft, act menu
SnowredWolf - gamemode updates and bugfixes
Avgar - playermodel selector update, addition of tracksuits and scientist coats"   

They already seem to have three coders i'm not sure they're in a rush anymore. 
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The more developers the better though. And I doubt that another update will come that fast again.
(11-30-2016, 06:41 PM)King Kickass Wrote:

Avgar - playermodel selector update, addition of tracksuits and scientist coats"   

I can't tell if you're joking, Kickass? Smile
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • Arkten
(11-30-2016, 07:51 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 06:41 PM)King Kickass Wrote:

I can't tell if you're joking, Kickass? Smile

What i typed was in sarcasm
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 2 users Like King Kickass's post:
  • Agorith, Old Man Jokhah