[Solved] Low FPS help
So i when im on the server with my new graphics card (GTX 1060) when im in the city i get around 12 fps and out of the city 40 fps, but when i was useing my old card (GT 640) it ran at about 30 fps in the city and 60 fps out of the city. Any ideas?

Side note: The game runs fine in singleplayer but when i go on any server i get a low fps.

EDIT: I have also tryed to optimise gmod from Geforce Experience but it wont detect half the games i have and my pc is higher then gmods SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Please help
[Image: giphy.gif]
Gmod is a heavy CPU game and no matter what GPU you have it wont make a difference.
It all depends on your processor.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 3 users Like Panda's post:
  • DreeBott, Coffee, sebasti161
Yet my processor beats the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
[Image: giphy.gif]
Those requirements are most probably for single player, but on a server with lots of people you need more.
Maybe the old graphics card's drivers are still partially there interfering with the current drivers. I recommend doing a clean driver install.

Are you sure you haven't changed any settings that could interfere with gmod's performance since you installed the new graphics card. Downsampled resolution perhaps? Gmod at highest settings? Maybe there's a profile for gmod in nvidia experience with some settings not optimal for gmod. Try disabling it.

In addition this thread is a must http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=71449
It depends on how many players are in the city too and what they are doing.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Gmod is a physics based sandbox game that came out in 2006. It's awfully unoptimised now for high end PC specs so there's nothing you can really do apart from put up with it.
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 1 user Likes Broccoli's post:
  • sebasti161
alternatives:
get better cpu
wait for fearless and/or garry to update game(mode) and fix fps issues
dont do anything and continue with bad fps
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • Panda
(11-27-2016, 07:39 PM)Sebasti121 Wrote: Maybe the old graphics card's drivers are still partially there interfering with the current drivers. I recommend doing a clean driver install.

Are you sure you haven't changed any settings that could interfere with gmod's performance since you installed the new graphics card. Downsampled resolution perhaps? Gmod at highest settings? Maybe  there's a profile for gmod in nvidia experience with some settings not optimal for gmod. Try disabling it.

In addition this thread is a must http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=71449

Answered/Fixed.