Poll: Should Fire Auto Extinguish's it self.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah
44.44%
8 44.44%
Nope
55.56%
10 55.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should fires extinguish theirself ?
Note: Typo on the poll it should say " Should Fire Auto Extinguish it self." idk how to edit that ^^:

vv-Back To Topic-vv

Ok this fire is getting out of hand.

I was on Garrysmod and saw 2 people were on the server
so I though "ok, im going to go and check how there doing"

When I got in I turned to the nexus and the whole front desk was mostly in flames.

I tied to go fireman to help the 2 out but when I changed class I crashed from how big the fire was.

I got back in after I crashed and asked them what happened, they said some minge just started a fire.

I tired to go fireman again since they look like that got some of it and I still crashed.

What im thinking is that the fire should have a timer on it. If the fire starts and isn't put out in 5 min it Auto Extinguish's it self. Thus If someone starts a fire when no one is on, it goes away in 5 mins.

The Problem with this though is Why have firemen if it does this. Well Firemen is a easy and fast way to get rid of it, unless you really want to wait 5 mins for it to go away.

What do you guys think yes or no?
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
I'll think it should be like 10 min, because when it's like on the other side of the map, firemen (mostly with trabants)
will do more than 5 minutes over the ride, and when they get there it's already extinquished.
Signature too big...
(09-23-2010, 05:51 AM)barrelroll Wrote: I'll think it should be like 10 min, because when it's like on the other side of the map, firemen (mostly with trabants)
will do more than 5 minutes over the ride, and when they get there it's already extinquished.

They can buy fire trucks and if the fire put it self out then fireman becomes useless
Fires should stop burning when it's on metal or something like that. Not when it's inside a house, wood or grass.
(09-23-2010, 06:42 AM)Fallen Wrote:
(09-23-2010, 05:51 AM)barrelroll Wrote: I'll think it should be like 10 min, because when it's like on the other side of the map, firemen (mostly with trabants)

They can buy fire trucks and if the fire put it self out then fireman becomes useless

Yes but if the fire has a long timer to put it self out i say 30 mins should do?

then the firemen wouldnt be so useless unless they want to wait that long
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
I think 10 minutes is reasonable.
(09-23-2010, 12:42 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: Fires should stop burning when it's on metal or something like that. Not when it's inside a house, wood or grass.
That would require an unnecessary amount of checking and coding.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
This would also take coding. Buying fire hoses would be better
Surely it can't take too much coding just to make an entity time out after a small amount of time, can it?
Remove the fireman as job and do under market a extinguisher that costs maybe ... 50$?
Doesn't sound like a bad idea; in real life you can buy fire extinguishers for your home.
Though we shouldn't remove the Fireman job.

But how about finite.. erm.. "ammo"?