PC Build: #ordered
id rather not spend like 3000kr extra to "rub it in people's faces", ill stick with the 1060
(09-09-2016, 01:37 PM)MasterNoda Wrote: Well if you are going to be using this thing for a few years I would invest in the one of the best GPUs on the market. But if you are going with a bit of a budget your GPU you picked will be very good still

ive looked at the 1080, but its way too expensive. ive called my uncle for some help on finding some stuff and that, ill paste my final build later

also ive got 2 hard drives atm that ive taken from old pc's, and an external hdd so it should be fine
(09-08-2016, 10:16 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: I'd up the PSU a bit. 800w minimum. Also perhaps an SSD for your OS and a couple of games.

This is utter bullshit. He'd need like 2 gpus at least to get this to this high requirements. The requirement for this pc is somewhere around 500W
The following 1 user Likes Joulle's post:
  • MasterNoda
updated op
updated op again with usd prices
PSUs arent just about wattage, you dont want to cheap out on it by buying for example a Corsair CX power supply. A lot of lower end PSUs use cheap capacitors and have a tendency to blow up after extended use of high loads.

These days 650w Is mostly fine for almost every build unless you are going for triple Titan Xs, but 500w can be enough although i wouldnt. Buy from reputable Brands such as EVGA or Corsairs RM series, Avoid the CX series and look for PSUs with some kind of 80+ certificate, Gold and up will be especially efficient

Just wanted to get this out there because there is a lot of confusion among PC builders that you need way more watts than you actually need.
The following 1 user Likes Andrew Juniperfield's post:
  • MasterNoda
Updated OP alot. Thank you noda <3
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • MasterNoda
updated again, last one most likely
(09-10-2016, 03:05 PM)Pilgrim Ocelot Wrote: PSUs arent just about wattage, you dont want to cheap out on it by buying for example a Corsair CX power supply. A lot of lower end PSUs use cheap capacitors and have a tendency to blow up after extended use of high loads.

These days 650w Is mostly fine for almost every build unless you are going for triple Titan Xs, but 500w can be enough although i wouldnt. Buy from reputable Brands such as EVGA or Corsairs RM series, Avoid the CX series and look for PSUs with some kind of 80+ certificate, Gold and up will be especially efficient

Just wanted to get this out there because there is a lot of confusion among PC builders that you need way more watts than you actually need.

To my understanding a psu's efficiency is at its finest when its load is close to its maximum capacity. This is why you don't buy psus that have capacity way over your system's requirement.

Of course it's not a bad idea to have a little extra capacity for the coming years as the psu's capacity degrades at it ages.
The following 1 user Likes Joulle's post:
  • Andrew Juniperfield
updated
As recommended by a previous poster, I would advise you to buy a small SSD for your OS and HDD for games and such.

I use my 120gb SSD for my OS and a few programs, and my 3tb HDD for games, movies, shows, music, etc etc.

SSD;  https://www.komplett.no/product/791617#

HDD; https://www.komplett.no/product/791859/d...35-nas-hdd#