Inactive staff team
(09-04-2016, 01:55 PM)Suarez Wrote: I believe anyone not pulling sufficient enough weight should be demoted and anyone pulling extra weight because of the slackers should be promoted further, if you're doing the work of 2 people you should be rewarded yet people that do pull extra weight get jack shit. The reason everyone goes inactive or joins the server and cant be fucked to actually administrate is because of the poor leadership & discipline from above. This was the case when I was staff I'd assume its about the same now.

I don't believe the correct solution is to add more staff; you need to get rid of the slackers then get their replacements in - else you'll just keep repeating the cycle and adding staff and you'll end up with a massive inactive staff team

//yearly post over

This. Abolutely fucking this.
(09-04-2016, 03:39 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 03:31 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 03:29 PM)aviator Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 11:39 AM)Midget Wrote: Stop giving administrator status to people who have played here for 1500 - 2000 hours.
Look at players that just joined, 100 - 200 hours. Get to know them and see if they could handle the job. Administration is NOT rocket science and a lot of people are willing and capable of doing it.

People with many hours generally get very bored of the server, if you offer the position to people who started recently they will be more energetic and motivated to play.
Anyone reasonable would know 99% of all the rules after 100 hours.

Get to know the low hour people! Go outside your bubble and "meet" people. There is 50 - 70 people on this server and 50% of them have potential!

Agree, back in the day 300 hours was sufficient. Now it's 1000 for a bloody teacher... nonsensical.

To be fair the difference between then and now is freaking crazy.

Is it? I fail to see how? I know a lot of people who are perfect for the teacher role but are only held back by the unneeded 1000 hour requirement.

That's what I was trying to say lmao
(09-04-2016, 08:40 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 03:39 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 03:31 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 03:29 PM)aviator Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 11:39 AM)Midget Wrote: Stop giving administrator status to people who have played here for 1500 - 2000 hours.
Look at players that just joined, 100 - 200 hours. Get to know them and see if they could handle the job. Administration is NOT rocket science and a lot of people are willing and capable of doing it.

People with many hours generally get very bored of the server, if you offer the position to people who started recently they will be more energetic and motivated to play.
Anyone reasonable would know 99% of all the rules after 100 hours.

Get to know the low hour people! Go outside your bubble and "meet" people. There is 50 - 70 people on this server and 50% of them have potential!

Agree, back in the day 300 hours was sufficient. Now it's 1000 for a bloody teacher... nonsensical.

To be fair the difference between then and now is freaking crazy.

Is it? I fail to see how? I know a lot of people who are perfect for the teacher role but are only held back by the unneeded 1000 hour requirement.

That's what I was trying to say lmao

Maybe, to apply requires 1000 hrs but if a staff member notices you helping the community, said staff member can nominate users under the minimum requirement for the teacher role.
The following 1 user Likes Ranger's post:
  • Ratatoskrr
(09-04-2016, 08:57 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Maybe, to apply requires 1000 hrs but if a staff member notices you helping the community said staff member can nominate users under the minimum requirement for the teacher role.

This.. THIS IS FANTASTIC

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Ratatoskrr's post:
  • Random
(09-04-2016, 09:10 PM)Ratatoskr Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 08:57 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: Maybe, to apply requires 1000 hrs but if a staff member notices you helping the community said staff member can nominate users under the minimum requirement for the teacher role.

This.. THIS IS FANTASTIC

Ty BB
The following 1 user Likes Ranger's post:
  • Ratatoskrr