Unblacklist request
Your name: [FL:RP] TheMJ

Your blacklist ID: 83627

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61205682

Reason: Demoting with OOC reasons

Staff member who blacklisted you: [FL] Raccoon

Reason why you should be unblacklisted: To start, I'm not sure if Tomo was there, because I just seen on the thread he said he was not able to attend, but I'm not sure. 

There were two staff members present at my previous event, that being [FL] Falcao (at the time) and [FL:M] Skummet (now and administrator). Both of them were there too witness my demotions of the exact same reason to the ones of today. Even though Falcao is not a staff member anymore, he still at that time had the permissions to ban me or blacklist me if he thought my actions were infringing on rules, this being the same with Skummet. No action was taken and the event went ahead as planned. I did not ask for approval to demote people, nor was I given permission, I just did it and no punishments were given out as a result of that.

With that said, I performed the same actions in my event today and was punished. Let me make this clear, I do not disagree with the blacklist, but disagree with the course of action that was taken to punish myself and I believe you do not understand what I'm trying to defend myself with. The fact I was given the wrong impression by staff members at a previous event makes this punishment a mere misunderstanding.

The event thread was made on the 27th of August, with a date confirmed on the 28th. I received over a 1000 views on that thread, making it obvious that the majority of the community that view the forums daily, were aware of the event that was going take place. It had a specific time set and people in OOC were also informed about the event that was about to occur. I'm sure that people would know if they are not part of the event they would be demoted as it would be required to have spots for the people who have taken they're time to make an application. 

I would never go out of my way to violate rules and would of not demoted anyone if I knew I was not allowed to without approval. I was, as I said, given the wrong impression, and would not like to put my position on the line for a misunderstanding that lead to this.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
Hello TheMJ.

Under the "Disclaimer" in the rules section you can find the text following:

"Rules may be altered to suit an event by administrators during special events hosted on the event server, or if an event is being held on the normal servers. (v33x, v2d)."

When an event is beeing organized and needs a rule bent there shall be an administrator or SA's approval for it to be hosted.
You and Jonas had no approval from any administrator's or SA's this time to demote alot of people from the government force for your event, with your OOC reasons which were "Spot needed" which is OOC information that were used IC.
With this beeing done, alot of people were arguing and got frustrated over the OOC chat that they lost their job when they had done nothing wrong, which is interfering with their roleplay.

As for your previous case I can not judge since I do not know if you had permission by Falc or Skummet or not. 
But without administrators approval for the currently planned event, the rules cannot be bent by yourself.

(An example regarding public building but similar: A person wants public building permission, just because it has been given once for his dupe, it does not mean he/she is granted one the next time he/she wants to spawn it in. You should ask for the permission before placing it everytime to make sure it is not interfering with anyones roleplay.)
But as I said it is clearly a misunderstanding as I had the impression wrong from staff who were present during my previous event of the same concept?
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
(09-03-2016, 05:00 PM)TheMJ Wrote: There were two staff members present at my previous event, that being [FL] Falcao (at the time) and [FL:M] Skummet (now and administrator). Both of them were there too witness my demotions of the exact same reason to the ones of today. Even though Falcao is not a staff member anymore, he still at that time had the permissions to ban me or blacklist me if he thought my actions were infringing on rules, this being the same with Skummet. No action was taken and the event went ahead as planned. I did not ask for approval to demote people, nor was I given permission, I just did it and no punishments were given out as a result of that.

With that said, I performed the same actions in my event today and was punished. Let me make this clear, I do not disagree with the blacklist, but disagree with the course of action that was taken to punish myself and I believe you do not understand what I'm trying to defend myself with. The fact I was given the wrong impression by staff members at a previous event makes this punishment a mere misunderstanding.

I can not tell why they did not take any actions at that time, maybe they did not see the demotions beeing made when beeing busy with @ calls or not, if it all happened as you say.

However for this case it was clear a rule had been broken and enough for a punishment to be issued.
The blacklist will remain and by that I'm Denying this unblacklist request.