RV Discussion
So today a couple of wise guys were doing some RP that involved pretending a car had broke down and then they were robbing people, mostly badly executed that actually consisted of just shooting at cars passing by, however....

I was in an RV, now knowing from previous experiences that you cannot shoot through an RV I decided to remain in the vehicle call for backup and for the cops, so they started shooting at me and of course I took out a gun in case the door was pick locked and next thing I know Generation TP's to there telling me how it is FearRP.

Now in my defense I stated that it is impossible for me to be under FearRP while in a vehicle that essentially you cannot be shot through although he left for quite some bit and came back telling me that FearRP was still on, I attempted to argue my point but knowing that the staff are often trigger happy on FL I decided to just go with his ruling.

I even asked for an SA input to which he completely ignored and continued on telling me to get out the car, all the while the mod wannabees other people there were shouting about how it was still FearRP etc etc.

My statement is this:

Since the vehicle is bulletproof, meaning you cannot get shot whilst standing inside it, then make a rule or an announcement stating that this is not the case and fearrp still applies

Alternatively remove the vehicle until a time a half decent developer can code getting shot through that particular vehicle (I assume it isn't too difficult)

This way it avoids confusion and you aren't going to get 14 year old babbling in my ear about how I am exploiting and then equally staff know how to deal with those situations.

Thankfully due to Gen being one of the more respectable staff he did take the time to listen to my side of things rather than just slamming down the ban hammer, which wouldn't really have helped anyone.
[Image: giphy.gif]
generation is reading this out on teamspeak and laughing his ass off
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • Marty
From my experience and from discussions with other staff members when I was an administrator, it is NOT breakage of FearRP when you are inside of an RV and other players commands you to go out while pointing guns from the outside. There is a bulletproof wall between you and basically it is the same thing as standing inside of a house. Same as the SRU van, it is not breakage of FearRP if players with weapons commands you to get out of the vehicle while they are being outside.
The following 1 user Likes Spear's post:
  • Marty
(08-12-2016, 04:16 PM)Spear Wrote: From my experience and from discussions with other staff members when I was an administrator, it is NOT breakage of FearRP when you are inside of an RV and other players commands you to go out while pointing guns from the outside. There is a bulletproof wall between you and basically it is the same thing as standing inside of a house. Same as the SRU van, it is not breakage of FearRP if players with weapons commands you to get out of the vehicle while they are being outside.

My point exactly, there has now been an apparent rule change that no one was made aware of.
(08-12-2016, 04:13 PM)sebasti161 Wrote: generation is reading this out on teamspeak and laughing his ass off

If this is true then it only either shows how disrespectful he is, however I cant really take this for face value.
My opinion,

Generation is right, but you also have a point Marty.
The RV is bulletproof but fearRP still applies if a person points out a gun and tells you to exit the RV, cause the RV wouldn't be bulletproof RP wise.

And this has been discussed with an Super Administrator.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
The vehicle should quite simply be removed from the game until a time it is fixed, otherwise make it so it is bulletproof as it seems staff teams/members cannot truly decide whether it is or isnt allowed, as previously I had been told it was....
(08-12-2016, 04:43 PM)Brikaas Wrote: My opinion,

Generation is right, but you also have a point Marty.
The RV is bulletproof but fearRP still applies if a person points out a gun and tells you to exit the RV, cause the RV wouldn't be bulletproof RP wise.

And this has been discussed with an Super Administrator.

The van is not bulletproof RP wise? Who decides that? "Oh crap someone is shooting at the bulletproof wall of my RV. Now I need to pretend I'm dead". It is bulletproof and if it is not supposed to be, fix it. Indeed this is just your opinion but It would be stupid to call this "FearRP".
The following 3 users Like Spear's post:
  • Marty, Greed^, aviator
(08-12-2016, 04:16 PM)Spear Wrote: From my experience and from discussions with other staff members when I was an administrator, it is NOT breakage of FearRP when you are inside of an RV and other players commands you to go out while pointing guns from the outside. There is a bulletproof wall between you and basically it is the same thing as standing inside of a house. Same as the SRU van, it is not breakage of FearRP if players with weapons commands you to get out of the vehicle while they are being outside.

Hmm, that's odd. I once got into some crap with some former teachers for driving off in an SRU van when someone was pointing a gun at me. I even asked an admin about the situation and they said it was fearrp breakage. I think it's time for some clarification...
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

SRU van is 100% not fearrrp unless they are in the back of the van pointing the gun at you.
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Link