Changes to punishments for uninvolved posts
[Image: announcement.png]

Greetings.

It has come to the staff's and most likely everyone else's attention that the courthouse has had a great increase of uninvolved posts. So many now make messages containing the magical words of 'I'll take my warning, but...'

We, as a staff team, have decided to make some changes to the warnings you get for uninvolved posting as well as how we treat uninvolved posts.

Warnings
Previously, users would receive 10% warning for an uninvolved post.
Now, users will receive a 50% warning for an uninvolved post.

50% warning suspends the users posting privileges for 1 week. These 50% will then stay on you for two weeks (since receiving the warning). So that, if, in a week after your post ban expires you get 50% more, you will be suspended from posting for 1 month.

Uninvolved posts
Previously, some uninvolved posts would be edited, but the original content would be left alone. Other times, it would be edited in a way to remove the original content. Some other times the posts would be deleted.

Today's change makes it so that staff will warn you and then soft-delete the post, keeping the original content intact, just in case it needs to be restored or an error is made.

P.S. If you are not involved in a certain courthouse case, but think you have vital information or want to help out any of the sides, feel free to contact the player or admin in PM, but keep it off the thread. Only people that are involved in a situation may contribute directly in the thread, not ones that wish to assume the position of a lawyer.
good job.
That's so much bullshit lmao.

I can't tell if this is meant as a joke or not, maybe get control over the community rather than turning it into more of a prison.

Legit, post and you're not involved and you're fucked, I mean that's a step too far.
The following 5 users Like Falc's post:
  • Adamantite, Kahjo, Bradley, aDisabledDeer, -Reece-
Great to hear!
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
(08-01-2016, 11:16 AM)Falc Wrote: That's so much bullshit lmao.

I can't tell if this is meant as a joke or not, maybe get control over the community rather than turning it into more of a prison.

Legit, post and you're not involved and you're fucked, I mean that's a step too far.

I feel like this was the right decision to make, simply because of the fact that there has been a lot of uninvolved people posting in the courthouse. (Like Avgar already said in the original thread)

The rules are there for a reason, shouldn't be too hard to follow them.

EDIT: Glad to see these rules being a thing now!
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 6 users Like Random's post:
  • TheMJ, Arkten, Pear, Agorith, mintblackbeard, Lesanka
Good job
(08-01-2016, 11:18 AM)Random Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 11:16 AM)Falc Wrote: That's so much bullshit lmao.

I feel like this was the right decision to make, simply because of the fact that there has been a lot of uninvolved people posting in the courthouse. (Like Avgar already said in the original thread)

The rules are there for a reason, shouldn't be too hard to follow them.

So then keep to the warning system like it's been for years, so what if someone posts and not involved? Is it too much hard work for staff to warn them and remove the post?
A good call to be honest.

Despite it sometimes being amusing to see what others write on some high-profile courthouse cases, it has gotten a bit annoying.

(08-01-2016, 11:19 AM)Falc Wrote: So then keep to the warning system like it's been for years, so what if someone posts and not involved? Is it too much hard work for staff to warn them and remove the post?

That's what they're still doing. They've just upped the percentage of the warning, so they'll still apply the warning and probably just unapprove the post.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Random
(08-01-2016, 11:16 AM)Falc Wrote: Legit, post and you're not involved and you're fucked, I mean that's a step too far.

Just don't post then lmao. It's not rocket science, and it's pretty hard to "accidentally" post when you know you're not involved.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 3 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Agorith, DreeBott, Coffee
The 10% punishment was clearly not working well enough, hence this change.

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.
Likewise, if you don't want to get your posting privileges taken away, don't post while uninvolved.

Obviously if we make a mistake and warn someone that was actually involved then the warning points would be redacted and their post restored. Private messages still work and you can message pretty much any admin regarding this, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help clean up a little mistake they or their colleague made.
The following 6 users Like Avgar's post:
  • MacTavish, Agorith, Random, DreeBott, Coffee, Jonas