Impossible issue...
Exclamation 
Basically, I keep trying to join the server but every time I try, Gmod crashes. It only crashes at a certain point thou, which confuses me.

It says: Downloading materials/models/sickness/towerpic_01norm.vtf.bz2. (when it crashes)

I have tried reinstalling the game and using the content packs but nothing is working. This is only recent as well. I have been playing before with no problems! Please help   Huh
First of all with every problem you may have with gmod. Have you tried verifying your game cache?
Try unsubscribing to everything unrelated to FL. I had this same problem and that fixed it for me.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Possible Solutions:

1. Trying verifying your game cache.

2. Remove hl2.exe in your Garry's Mod folder and verify game cache again.

3. If not unsubscribe from EVERYTHING and go into the main menu, open up the console and type "menu_cleanupgmas"

4. Or, just possibly even unsubscribe from everything not related to FL.

5. None of that works, reinstall Garry's Mod.

6. Still doesn't work, reinstall Steam.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
Ugh. Nothing is working. Every time it gets to Downloading materials/models/sickness/towerpic_01norm.vtf.bz2. it just crashes. I have done all of them steps ^ :/

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/fypHyub.png
They're not steps. They're solutions. You probably fucked over Garry's Mod then. Actually, goto your options in main menu and then multiplayer. Click down the drop arrow that says "allow custom files from server" and click allow no files.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
(07-11-2016, 04:37 PM)Merle Wrote: They're not steps. They're solutions. You probably fucked over Garry's Mod then. Actually, goto your options in main menu and then multiplayer. Click down the drop arrow that says "allow custom files from server" and click allow no files.

Still does not work. Reinstalled steam as well...  Sad
(07-11-2016, 06:58 PM)DefiantCraft Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 04:37 PM)Merle Wrote: They're not steps. They're solutions. You probably fucked over Garry's Mod then. Actually, goto your options in main menu and then multiplayer. Click down the drop arrow that says "allow custom files from server" and click allow no files.

You're probably accidentally running GMOD in an earlier DirectX, tends to be the cause for most people with this issue.
(07-11-2016, 09:11 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 06:58 PM)DefiantCraft Wrote:

You're probably accidentally running GMOD in an earlier DirectX, tends to be the cause for most people with this issue.
I aint, it is the newest version of DirectX. I think it is just that file that is messing my game up. All of the other games on Gmod work for me. It is just fearless. That annoys me the most because I've donated.
Avoid downloading.

Install all missing content packs.

From what I see you're downloading a prop from Evocity Props. (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=681495119)

Not sure if you're missing anything else. (If you're still downloading the same prop then say so)