Impossible issue...
Other option to fix this is to open all gma files (fl content) and put it all in gmod/gmod to stop it from downloading on workshop.

Also try to join build instead when testing that.
Put it in where, sorry? Can you give me a specific folder to put it in?
Does it crash or just become unresponsive? When I load in, my Gmod becomes unresponsive for a little bit but never crashes. It just proceeds as normal in maybe a minute MAX on shitty days, few seconds else.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
(07-15-2016, 02:46 PM)DefiantCraft Wrote: Put it in where, sorry? Can you give me a specific folder to put it in?

Once you open gma you'll get models, materials, sounds folders. Put them into garry's mod, garry's mod.
Okay, I opened all of the files and put them in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" It overwrote a few things and it did it without any problems. Then when I joined, it downloaded a few things, worked fine, but as it said retrieving server info, it just jumped back to "Downloading boatenginestart.wav". I then set it to not download custom sounds and now it keeps not responding on "Workshop Complete". I've unsubscribed from all of the content and deleted it from the addons folder so I do not have any addons. Like literally, nothing works!

Hitman - I know about that. I know it should freeze for a minute but mine says "Not Responding". I left it for 6 hours, came back, had not done anything. It is not because I am not leaving it for long enough.
(07-16-2016, 09:57 AM)DefiantCraft Wrote: Okay, I opened all of the files and put them in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" It overwrote a few things and it did it without any problems. Then when I joined, it downloaded a few things, worked fine, but as it said retrieving server info, it just jumped back to "Downloading boatenginestart.wav". I then set it to not download custom sounds and now it keeps not responding on "Workshop Complete". I've unsubscribed from all of the content and deleted it from the addons folder so I do not have any addons. Like literally, nothing works!

Hitman - I know about that. I know it should freeze for a minute but mine says "Not Responding". I left it for 6 hours, came back, had not done anything. It is not because I am not leaving it for long enough.

I've noticed you said it crashed when loading " materials/models/sickness/towerpic_01norm.vtf.bz2."

Possible material crash can be fixed by,

1st.Goto"c:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/USERNAME/garrysmod/garrysmod/material/effects

2nd. make a copy of any ".VMT" File in there and rename it to "ar2_altfire2.vmt"

3rd.start gmod without crashes what materials causes!

Credit: http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=6402

Maybe that will work, maybe not but it's worth a shot.
Try disabling all addons then enable the ones you need for FL
You could always upload your recent crash report file here http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to/ and link the crash report's page here so we can have a look at it.

Gmod's crash reports are located in a folder similar to this D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod
Are you running this on Mac? Mac usually crashes GMOD
hello