Mic Spamming
So, I was RPing Nurse Joy last night. I thought it was a good RP, I had a Poke Center and everything. When someone would enter, I would say "I'm Nurse Joy! Do you need healing?" So like 5 rebels pull up in front of my store, and I walk up and say "I'm Nurse Joy, do you need healing?" and they ignored me. So, I kept saying it because they were ignoring me!(Nurse Joy can get annoying.) Then elder kicked me for mic spam..without saying anything about it. I got back on and tried talking to him and he said to post something on the forums.

So, my question is... How is it different when people play music through their mic and me talking a lot on my mic? I personally thought it was good RP and matched the character I was portraying well.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 2 users Like ryan!'s post:
  • todcat, Fultz
Some admin takes "mic spamming" diffrent ways,i've got banned for playing music in car but i've being playing music in car with admin in it so..
kinda strange if you were kicked without saying anything and if you were speaking etc in YOUR shop or whatever.
Yeah i would understand if he told me to stop or something, but he just kicked me.
Okay, I saw the OOC coversation. There is a difference between playing music for RP, and saying the same thing over and over again. Its the difference between playing classy music at a restaurant as opposed to repeating a part of the classical music over and over again... If you just said "Hi I'm nurse joy" and left them alone when they ignored you there probably wouldnt of been a problem. But the main thing seperating mic spamming from playing music is how repetitive it is. Spamming "Hi I'm nurse joy" in the mic, is spam. You should be HAPPY, that you didnt get banned for it.
I was RPing. It was a better RP then setting your job to "Classy music player" and spamming music. No matter what, it is repeating. Music doesnt stop. It would be like me saying "im nurse joy" without even stopping at all. You were not there, you are just siding with the admin to look good.
You're really antagonistic. I saw the conversation in OOC. Also I didnt set my job to "Classy Music Player" I was playing classy music for my Restaurant RP. I'm going to be the mature one here and not continue your bickering. This is a pointless thread, if you dont like being kicked, go make an admin abuse thread against Elder. And I'm side "Siding" with anyone, I'm stating my opinion on mic spamming. Thank you very much.
The following 1 user Likes Vauld's post:
  • sammyt291
Pointless, it isn't my fault elder wouldn't explain why he kicked me in game and he told me to post on the forums. I am not bickering. I wanna know something. How is it that some people can play music as loud as they can but i can't talk. I don't feel like making an admin abuse because i am not stupid i know admins will not read it and close it. That is what happens with all of them.