Why Are Moderators Still Handling PRs
I just want to point out that the trial rank before moderators was trial admins. Moderators are basically this rank now with less power revolving server abilities.

Trial Admins had the ability to handle ban requests back then so if you are comparing them to the old rank of Trial Admin, they should be allowed to do ban requests.

However, the moderator rank was created to give these trial staff less power and through time, they have had a LARGE increase in power in regards to server-side, but none on forum side minus the addition to the moderator hub.

The question to the staff is simple. Do they want to make the moderators similar to how the old Trial Admin was, or do they want to keep the moderators similar to what the rank was created for. Personally, I say they should do ban requests because its opens their horizon more than if they are not able to and the current staff is able to see how their decision making is without being on the server and just looking at evidence. But then again that might just be me.
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Adamantite, Rylund, Agorith, :-)
Hi I'm Marty, the bullshit translator.

(07-02-2016, 02:32 AM)Agorith Wrote: I learned alot by handling an enormous amount of PR's in my time as a moderator,I even fucked up loads of them but fuck it. Who cares, not dis man
And what I meant with not going into depth as to why administrators have far more important responsibilities is bcoz we do tings fam you get me, I can't give you an example off the top of my head but we do do tings. But we ain't telling you, bcoz there ain't no transparency or accountability within our team.
Shit dat hits the fan or fucks with the fam get handled by the administrators, none of which I am going to tell you bcoz I already told you bruv

You get me yeah ?

Peace
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-02-2016, 07:23 AM)Marty Wrote: Hi I'm Marty, the bullshit translator.

(07-02-2016, 02:32 AM)Agorith Wrote: I learned alot by handling an enormous amount of PR's in my time as a moderator,I even fucked up loads of them but fuck it. Who cares, not dis man
And what I meant with not going into depth as to why administrators have far more important responsibilities is bcoz we do tings fam you get me, I can't give you an example off the top of my head but we do do tings. But we ain't telling you, bcoz there ain't no transparency or accountability within our team.
Shit dat hits the fan or fucks with the fam get handled by the administrators, none of which I am going to tell you bcoz I already told you bruv

You get me yeah ?

Peace

That's one way to be rather immature about not hearing what you'd want to hear, Marty.
If you can't be mature about the subject this is going to end up being closed.
Moderators are still able to do PRs because we find it to be a great way for them to train outside of the game, and easier for admins and higher, to monitor their judgement.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 2 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Awestruck, :-)
(07-02-2016, 12:26 AM)Marty Wrote:
(07-02-2016, 12:14 AM)MrTrashTag Wrote: If Moderators are not allowed to approve/Deny PR's how can you see how they would handle one as an Admin? It is totally fine how it is, especially since the PR's get overviewed.

"What is the point of having a trial rank if the person can do anything an administrator rank can do?"

Who the fuck said that Moderators can do the same as Admin, they cannot and they do not have the same power as Admin's

The same argument could be used like so

"If members are not allowed to approve PRs how can you see how they would handle one as a moderator ?"

I think you dont get the point of the Moderator Role at all. The staff themselves pick players to promote them to Moderator, just to see how they would fit as an Admin. You make it look like Member would get randomly promoted to Moderator and have randomly too much power. Moderators are players that are trusted by the staff team with "trieal-Admin" Powers
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • Agorith
(07-02-2016, 12:25 PM)Infernaw Wrote: Moderators are still able to do PRs because we find it to be a great way for them to train outside of the game, and easier for admins and higher, to monitor their judgement.

That's a lie, whenever Mods were discussed how comes the way they handle player reports was never, ever mentioned at all?

You're covering it up because in reality, only a select few admins can be bothered to the player reports, just like me when I was staff, I couldn't be asked and they bored me, why not be honest with the community, just for once?
(07-02-2016, 01:56 PM)Falc Wrote:
(07-02-2016, 12:25 PM)Infernaw Wrote: Moderators are still able to do PRs because we find it to be a great way for them to train outside of the game, and easier for admins and higher, to monitor their judgement.

That's a lie, whenever Mods were discussed how comes the way they handle player reports was never, ever mentioned at all?

You're covering it up because in reality, only a select few admins can be bothered to the player reports, just like me when I was staff, I couldn't be asked and they bored me, why not be honest with the community, just for once?

Because it's included in how they moderate in general.
I'd appreciate it if you stopped posting FL staff's background work to the public.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
(07-02-2016, 02:04 PM)Infernaw Wrote:

Because it's included in how they moderate in general.
I'd appreciate it if you stopped posting FL staff's background work to the public.

Then the community would appreciate it if you were honest with them, for once.

I replied to why Mods are still doing the player reports, that's my opinion on it.

It was never mentioned because there are truly no issues with it and as said before multiple times now moderators have only gained an insane amount of experience trough doing them.

Yes, only a select few administrators can be bothered to handle player reports at times.
But that does not change the fact I stated above?

Perhaps it would be in your best interest to read all the replies given on this thread by staff, before deciding to reply on it.
(07-02-2016, 12:18 PM)Agorith Wrote: That's one way to be rather immature about not hearing what you'd want to hear, Marty.
If you can't be mature about the subject this is going to end up being closed.

3salty5me

Have some "banta"
[Image: giphy.gif]