Tutorial for Musicplaying.
Figured this would be the right thread to ask, since it's relevant.
You guys got any suggestions on how the switch music tracks (when necessary), without minimizing G-Mod?

At least whenever I try to do that using the Microsoft button, it takes forever to "get back" on the server from the desktop. Usually this means that on the server I'll be standing around like an idiot when people are expecting me to do something. ^^"

Yeah, so any help on this issue?

Possible solutions:

Windowed mode G-Mod?
Use window mode yea, it's really useful. For example being in the forum while joining, or listen to music etc.
other solutions could be the steam browser.
Stereomix is ALL the sounds, including steam browser probably.
windowed mode is BOSS
Well I do it on a whole different way. I once had a post about it, nobody showed interest, perhaps here it's better received.

So boys and girls:

Needed:
3,5 mm double male aux cable [Image: WSS-VIDEO-07_prod.jpg]
A device that is able to play sounds. (laptop, cellphone, ipod, etc etc)

Step 1:
Plug in one end into the MICROPHONE 3,5 mm plug. [Image: 957handhighres.jpg]
Plug the other end into your device's speaker/headset plug. This may be your cellphone, laptop, ipod, iphone, mp3 player or whatever you want. Be sure to have music, or a soundboard or some other sound file on it.

Step 2:
Quite handy is to know if you're actually playing music/sounds, check the microphone playback in your recording properties. This may differ in different drivers and software, but it should be there. If you can't hear it good enough, you could use the mic boost. Just open the device in the recording options, where Biowulf is also in, at his way.
For I am used to windows 7, it takes these steps:
Recording devices -> Double click on microphone -> Tab "Listening" and here you should enable listening to device.
For mic boosts, you go in that same menu to the tab "Listening".

Step 3:
In the source game or whereever you wanna do it, just hold voicechat and play your sound just like you would when speaking! And if you wanna play a music for a longtime, use +voicerecord in console.

Thanks and have fun.

(original post)

NOTE: THE PROBLEM BELOW HAS BEEN ALREADY RESOLVED. Pay no mind to it! ^^

So yeah, I tried this. I got the stereomix to appear and put it as the default recording decice. (Also shut the realtech mic above it.)

I try and play music, but instead of the stereomix catching it, it's caught by the Realtek High Definition audio SPEAKERS.

Tried turning them off as well, resulted in all of the sounds of the computer getting muted. (And stereomix still couldn't catch the damn thing.)

Any help?

I'm gonna try resetting my settings and trying again, but if you could throw new info my way, would be great!

I use Windows 7.

EDIT: Well, resetting the options sure didn't work. Crap. I couldn't try the other option since I lack the cables, and I'd really want to get this to work, damnit!

EDIT 2: I think I found the reason. I'm using an ACER laptop, and the company has removed the option to stereomix on their computers from what I've heard. (Apparently they made a deal with the music producers.) Going to try to downgrade my drivers now.

EDIT 3: Got it to work. Finally. Apparently I just needed to upgrade the drivers and suddenly the mix starts working. Case cloded, and good guide! ^^
I had to update my driver too. Using an acer laptop also
And remember that it's ONLY allowed to stream music in your car or your house, nowhere else!
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Biowulf, Shadow, DoomDude1
(11-09-2011, 08:17 PM)Biowulf Wrote: www.drivermax.com

try updating it

I f*king loveyou! I got it working now. Cheese
what about mac
Haha Thanks for the Tutorial i thought you would never post it xDD!!!