Monitor discussion/comparison
Get fucked with your shitty tft monitors since you can't see shit lmao

[Image: 6f86837af22b233da04fecf92c0ccf8a.gif]

It's been 2 years since I bought another monitor. This time I paid double the price to the previous one and I still think it's one of the best pc investments I've made so far.

Ips monitor vs tft monitor with led backlighting (leaks a lot of light)
While the ips monitor displays clear image, good color, black levels the tft monitor displays muddy image, distorted colors (with the current calibration settings) it looks at least better than out of the box but it's still as if there's a purple dirty filter on the screen. The phone camera also distorts the image a lot, you can't really see the muddyness but what you can see is the color balance being not as vibrant as on the ips monitor. In reality the difference is huge, as between day and night.

Here's some comparison images taken with my shitty phone

Spoiler :
[Image: Jb6m52h.jpg]

Notice the fact that sun seems to be radiating some sort of artificial white light on the rocks on the right monitor
[Image: p6A0ZVd.jpg]

Notice the water on the right monitor being almost black and white
[Image: 91gOaPi.jpg]

Here's some screenshots from gmod

Spoiler :
Look at the suits
[Image: kQBENZG.jpg]

Where'd all the shadows go?
[Image: htUWmZu.jpg]
[Image: BXjmaNu.jpg]

You don't know what it's like to live in a white man's world
[Image: SPX2tCB.jpg]

Only regret I have is the size, yes it does matter. A monitor investment lasts longer than a graphics card which is also why I wouldn't buy a 120hz monitor since I simply can't afford the hardware upgrades alone.

Don't forget to show us how big your's is!
The following 1 user Likes Joulle's post:
  • TheSiphon
Is the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz major or needed?
Since I am getting a new PC, but my monitor is limited to 60Hz.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(06-17-2016, 05:20 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: Is the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz major or needed?

it is quite huge since your doubling your refresh rate from 60 times per second to 120 timer per second, i would recommend 120 or even 144Hz for Fps Games.
Regards,
Nicola
(06-17-2016, 05:20 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: Is the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz major or needed?

Not worth it if you can't get high frames though, in other words waste of money for early access games (majority of steam now) and gmod Tounge
(06-18-2016, 01:17 PM)Joulle Wrote:

Not worth it if you can't get high frames though, in other words waste of money for early access games (majority of steam now) and gmod Tounge
True but i think that if you can afford a 144Hz monitor, you might be able to get a good pc with a solid ammount of frames.
Regards,
Nicola
My primary monitor: https://www.amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-24-i...B00B2HH7G0

I have a GTX 980ti, so I can constantly see the above 60 FPS in most games. GMod runs like shit still (I get around 30fps in the city when V4B1 is full), but in games like GTA V I can run near maxed out at 100+ FPS. The difference between 60hz and 144hz is incredible and you have to really see it to believe it. Certainly worth looking into IF, and only IF your hardware can support frames above 60, otherwise you are wasting money on a monitor that wont even display the frames it can potentially reach.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
I am currently waiting for my GTX 1080 PC to arrive, so it can run above 60fps. I might look for a 120-144Hz monitor, if I can get one for cheap in Finland.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
Well talking about monitors ive just punched mine and it wont post now :/

[img]file:///C:/Users/shayman/Pictures/8fN3o7o.png[/img]
My monitor is shit
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-24...B00W95RR32

works fine for me.