FPS boost that works! 20+ fps
Tired of having 12fps in the city?
This will pixalate some materials like trees, and players will not have any eyeballs. - With great fps, comes great sacrifice.
If you do have crashes which comes randomly, change the mat_queue_mode to `-1' . This is almost never necessary how ever.

1. Click this link and download the "fpsboost.cfg".

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6je413...sboost.cfg

2. Open your "common/garrysmod/garrysmod/cfg" folder and place the "fpsboost.cfg" in the folder.

3. Start garrys mod and at the start screen (Note: Not while in the server or you will crash) open your console and type the command "exec fpsboost" then hit enter. (The console keybind is usually at "|" which is the key left for "1". If that does not work you may need to enable devloper console which is done by going into settings->advanced settings-> enable devloper console.
4. It will load your screen may go black for a second or two, once done close your console join fearless and enjoy the fps boost.

NOTE: You will have to do execute the command "exec fpsboost" every time you start Garrys mod.
Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he really is.
The following 1 user Likes Azog's post:
  • Coupcunt
Thanks. I've just tried this and it works well. 
Ps. Everything looks shit

I think there is a way of making it auto execute, but I'm not 100% sure how.
(06-14-2016, 03:44 PM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: Thanks. I've just tried this and it works well. 
Ps. Everything looks shit

I think there is a way of making it auto execute, but I'm not 100% sure how.

Naming it to autoexec.cfg would do the trick I believe.
Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he really is.
The following 1 user Likes Azog's post:
  • Joulle
MeinKraft
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • sebasti161
(06-14-2016, 03:57 PM)SirMinus Wrote: MeinKraft

i remember that time you streamed meincroft on your twitch a bit ago, lmao good times
omfg this is so ugly
(06-14-2016, 04:22 PM)sebasti161 Wrote: omfg this is so ugly

But it works.
(06-14-2016, 04:22 PM)sebasti161 Wrote: omfg this is so ugly

Im trying to modify some parts of it, so it looks somewhat decent, but pixalates the world.
Did they fix dx 8 and dx 7 modes after the update over a year ago?
Used to cause some issues and broke some materials.

Also this is nothing new as different directx modes and enabling multi-core rendering have been around the forums before. In addition I wouldn't suggest using this as there are some problematic multi-core rendering optimizations that could cause serious stability and display issues with some pcs.
For anyone who wants to automatically run the cfg, add this to autoexec.cfg
"exec fpsboost"

OT:
Nice. looks like shit but works.
Thanks.