[Guide] How to be a successful leader
PrologueI've decided to create a series of guides over the coarse of the next few months as a way to help anyone interested in the subject matter of these guides.The guides will cover a wide range of topics, most of them covering different styles of  Role playing. I sincerely hope these guides offer some sort of  help. "How to be a successful leader" will most likely be the most important guide in the series of guides as the subject matter communication is fundamental in a server where communication is key. 

Source of information:  Almost all of the information in this guide was taught to me through the book "How to make friends and influence others"  by Dale Carnegie. 

How to be a successful leader

Part one : The difference between being a boss and being a leader 
[Image: original.jpg]

So these two pictures say a lot about the difference between a boss and a leader. They almost explain it all, so i will just jump straight into part two.

Part two : Never criticize people, never complain.
Now i understand that the most fascinating thing about role playing is that you can play a completely different person than who you are in real life. That you can come home from let's say your job as a nurse or helping your class mate in a subject, something very noble. sit down on the computer go on cityRP and role play as a character who is a complete Machiavellian type asshole. That's the beauty of role playing.  But let's say you wanted to become a President of Evocity, Don of a Mafia, leader of Rebels , Custom leader or even dare i say successful clan leader. Then dealing with people is key. The first thing to recognize is that users behind the monitor are actual human beings. This means 

"Few people are logical. Most of us are prejudiced and biased. Most of us are blighted with preconceived notions, with jealousy, suspicion, fear, envy and pride." 

That's the unfortunate truth, well actually i'll rephrase that. That's how lucky we are, because once you realize this, you can play this to your benefit.  "Never Criticize people, Never Complain" if  there is anything in this guide that i want you to take the most it would be this statement.  

"Don't criticize, condemn or complain."

Keeping the point short and simple. It doesn't work it never has it never will. If someone on your team makes a mistake don't chew them out, unless it is in your role playing character. I would ask any one you to give me an example to say when it has worked where you have condemned an action, criticized another player "If you want staff use @" or some other salt thrown in OCC. All that it does is build resentment. Not only this but people who are criticized tend to defend themselves on whatever they are being criticized about. Don't believe me? Head to the Admin abuse part of the forums then come back when you are finished.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]