Complaint for [FL:M] Ghost
(06-05-2016, 08:47 AM)Midget Wrote: He has called me out for the same thing before. Obviously you werent breaking the rules. It makes NO sense that it shouldn't be allowed.

(06-05-2016, 08:42 AM)Avgar Wrote: Punching or shooting teammates with whatever intent is not allowed unless stated otherwise by an admin.

You were not even blacklisted or banned for what you did and you're still upset?

As for you calling Ghost a copycat NightHawkd is right. Just because Ghost did what other staff members have done is nothing wrong.

Please refer me to the rule which states you cannot punch other rebels/corleones with a RP reason. (Specially in a sparring match)

It is blatant FailRP and players have always been punished for this, Ghost had every right to warn him about this.
Damaging/killing your own team members intentionally is strictly forbidden, and with it comes only one exception: 

15.1a Exception: As the leader, you may take the life of a member with a valid roleplay reason.

FailRP comes in many shapes and forms, and we simply can not specify every single situation into the rules page.
This should be common sense.

If however a player is not entirely sure about something, they're always welcome to ask the staff team for more clarity trough @.
Random, the rule you quoted has nothing to do with having a sparring match.
Stealing from and killing your own teamates... YES, I agree with you.

However this was a SPARRING match, where you stopped after doing 25 health to eachother.
It is a completely different scenario where no lives were at risk or no property was being stolen. And all parties AGREED to it.

Do you even know what sparring is? As mentioned, it is especially relevant for the corleones/mafia because they have the reputation for hosting
sparring matches between eachother.

Indeed there should be common sense, something you are not using when looking at this situation.

And no, people haven't always been punished for this.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Cyclone
My guess is that it was because you guys were in a premise corleons job, and it is because you were in this that the rules are very strict. If instead you guys went to civilians and did /job mobster or something then you would be much more free to an extent.

I'll explain what i mean in more detail

Rebels/Mafia rules

15.1 Do not kill or steal from your team members.
15.1a Exception: As the leader, you may take the life of a member with a valid roleplay reason.
15.2 Different teams are created for a reason, so do not ally with other teams. For example, Rebels do not ally with Corleones.
15.3 Being in an underground team does not give you the right to break the rules or raid without a reason.
15.4 You must roleplay as your defined group in a realistic manner, however, you have lots of creative freedom. For example, rebels are not inherently poor.

These are the rules that apply to the job: "Corleone" and "Rebel" they are a job slot that are specifically made for a specific roleplay style there may be some small flexibility in them but for the most part its simple. The admins and mods have all the right in the world to apply a zero tolerance punishment if you break any of the rules listed there and its simple as that there is really no arguing against it, as the king Lear quote says "Nothing will come out of nothing, speak again" so this bring me to the question, "how can i role play as a mafia or a certain group with MY rules" well there is infact something you can do!
You can go as a civilian, change your job ( by doing /job ( job ) ) and then as long as you follow the basic general rules you are free to do as you like.  This is not an exploit and the flexability you can do is honestly quite nice.
Now there is no point in me saying any of this unless i back up my statements or else i'll be blowing smoke up everyone's ass that is reading this.

Here in this hilarious video from this thread  http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=69552 , the person has changed his civilian job to king and has created his very own role play. In the video he also commands his subjects to kill another person, there are also other killings in the video the point is though that if he has been in the rebel slot he would have had the same talk from Ghost as you and same with Corleone but it was that he was a Civilian not  a pre-exhisting Corleone/rebel slot that he was able to do this and he sure did have fun!
Another example ( i don't have evidence but if SirMinus is reading this he can confirm it ) , one more in tune to the problem you guys had, was When SirMinus had a Knight style roleplay where you could join in his accadamy HOWEVER in order to do so you must have a knife fight to the death with a fellow knight. In the Screen we are all /job Knight squire hence being in the same team and we are KILLING each other hence a term "Teamkilling" but we did not get in any sort of trouble, hell Agorith joined in the fun and kicked our ass with his fists ( although he did stop it later on , but not due to the knife fight to the deaths )
I hope you understand the trend i'm going with by now.

Hopefully that clears everything up and there won't be a shitstorm, because like i said Nothing will come out of nothing, the situation has passed and the only thing to do is learn for the future.
Hope i helped in someway

peace.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(06-05-2016, 11:41 AM)Midget Wrote: -snip-

So, becuause it was just you and your mates messimg about you shouldn't be punished?

I have been punished before for 'Friendly fire' when I shot mu team-mates riotshield for RP reason. All parties agreed to it. They did not die, but they were damaged. (We tested riotshields protection)

What I am saying is, there is reason for you to complain. You are lucky you did not get punished.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(06-05-2016, 11:53 AM)Random Gamer Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 11:41 AM)Midget Wrote: -snip-

So, becuause it was just you and your mates messimg about you shouldn't be punished?

I have been punished before for 'Friendly fire' when I shot mu team-mates riotshield for RP reason. All parties agreed to it. They did not die, but they were damaged. (We tested riotshields protection)

What I am saying is, there is reason for you to complain. You are lucky you did not get punished.
Shooting as Riot shield is soo much worse then what we were doing. You are comparing fist to a flipping gun. If the shield failed (just like in IRL it can happen) your teammate would have been struck by a bullet and maybe killed from the shrapnel off the shield. With that said, I believe that FailRP shouldn't apply to any RP that is actually feasible in real life. Especially a RP that isn't risking someones life. Which is what the rules are trying to stop, team killing and punch whoring, neither of which we were doing, we even had the courtesy of not being in public and fighting. We got a nice concluded building and started boxing for sport. In all yes, Punch Whoring Teammates if FailRP, but the way we RP'ed it wasn't..... BTW this post was created to sign light on this rule that needs to be changed. Which if the Don can choose to kill Team Member, me (the Don), should also be able to choose if I allow my fellow Corleone's to fight it out for better ranking spots in the Corleone.
[Image: HTQUIO8.png]
I would also like to add that we argued about this in game, and we are not going to affect Ghost in any way, we just wanted to see what everyone else thought as well hopefully get the rule changed. We don't mind Ghost, he/she was just "being that guy" so he was the one involved in the complaint. We don't wish for anyone to get in trouble through the progress of this forum post. Staff words also shouldn't be final on the forums. We are a community not a dictatorship, an admin shouldn't be held at any higher level then any amount of active community members. The forums are here to figure stuff out not in game, so with that said, we have the right to argue the interpretation of the rules which have gray zones to allow for RP freedom.
[Image: HTQUIO8.png]
The point was,
Midget made it seem that because "all parties agreed" it was fine to over-ride the rules.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(06-05-2016, 04:55 PM)Random Gamer Wrote: The point was,
Midget made it seem that because "all parties agreed" it was fine to over-ride the rules.

Ehm no, that is not at all "what I made it seem". You didn't read what I wrote properly. 

So go back and read it again

A sparring match is also very different from discharging a firearm into your officers shield. Which is obviously FailRP and has no RP value whatsoever.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The moderator in question had every right to warn you for this as when you're in a team, teamdamaging/killing is strictly against the rules with the exception of rule: ''15.1a As the leader, you may take the life of a member with a valid roleplay reason.'' as previously mentioned by myself.

If you wish to proceed with this, please contact an SA regarding your issue and they'll be happy to help you out further.

Thread closed.