64 bit and 32 bit
(05-28-2016, 02:53 AM)goigle! Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 09:10 PM)Joulle Wrote: That's just gibberish. 64 bit architecture cpus have been around for ages. Last 32 bit cpus were designed around 16 years ago.

If you can run gmod with one of those, let me know.

The fuck are you talking about?

Gmod was made with a 32 bit cpu in mind (otherwise it would not be 32 bit ?????????????? ), and the last 32bit CPU was made more recently than 16 years

I meant 32 bit compatible only. X86-x64 has been the thing for a long time now.
Merle obviously mixed operating system with a cpu when it came to wording.

As for manufacturing 32 bit or x86 processors, those are still being used for other applications, but not for pcs as those are way too underpowered. Since we were talking about pcs I decided to skip the part where I explain that assuming everyone would understand that.
64 Bit is the best, way more things you can do on it Cheese
(05-28-2016, 02:51 AM)goigle! Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 11:37 PM)Midget Wrote: 64 handles more "stuff" better than a 32 bit computer. It can do more tasks at once and handles those tasks better basically.
Make sure you download the correct version. Usually it says "32 bit" or "64 bit" at the website you are downloading it from.

that is not what it is at all

64bit is faster because it has 64 bits instead of 32

And hence "handle more stuff". Not just about speed, it's kinda better in many ways - like the maximum integer value. Ever wondered why you can't get more than 2.1 billion dollars in GTA5? (The actual integer is 2,147,483,647).

Being a Flight Sim enthusiast, I have my own issues with running a 32bit program that really should have been 64 bit given the extent of the detail of the simulator, but it was made in 2006; unfortunately. The maximum memory FSX can use, as is the same for most 32 bit programs is 4GB. Having a 64bit computer enables the program to use all 4GB whereas a 32bit system isn't able to allocate the whole 4GB block to the specific program in question.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Haarek