Lua Cache Error - All FastDL Servers
Hey,

I've been having trouble for the past month or so, with ALL fastDL servers. And it's the good old 'Lua Cache couldn't be downloaded. Server is misconfigured". I've grown to realise it must be clientside, and is extremely frustrating. I've tried:
  • Deleting Cache Folder
  • Re-DL'ing G-Mod
  • Enabling Custom Downloads (Even though it already was enabled)
  • Deleted 'garrysmod' folder

Help! I have no more places to run, what do I do? I'd really appreciate any help.

I've also contacted G-Mod support, but you know what they're like Skeptical

Thank you.

Nerdjacker~

EDIT: Yes, I used the search bar. All the other posts didn't help me.

"Success does not consist in never making blunders, but in never making the same one a second time."
Josh Billings
Are you sure you've allowed Gmod to download custom content from servers in Options?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(10-30-2011, 03:44 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Are you sure you've allowed Gmod to download custom content from servers in Options?

Yes, thank you for the reply.

I deleted my cache folder again, and that MAY have solved the problem. I then got a problem with buffer overflow, but fixed that. I THEN got a reliable snapshot error, and think I fixed that. Trying to join now, see what happens.

Let you know how it goes.

EDIT: No, still getting a reliable snapshot overflow error :/ *rage*

"Success does not consist in never making blunders, but in never making the same one a second time."
Josh Billings
That error is well known, try to join at a later time, the server is probably too stressed by props and voice chats.
I just checked my console, and just before the snapshot error there is this:

Quote:Lua cache file "cache/d8e6489ac8feel...etc.dua" does not exist. This indicates a server misconfiguration. Most likely fastdl is enabled, but the server host hasn't mirrored the pack.
Unable to load virtual file system!

Lua Initialized (Lua 5.1)
Couldn't include file 'CityRP\gamemode\cl_init.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
[cpp]
There was a problem opening the gamemode file 'CityRP/gamemode/cL_init.lua'

Registering gamemode 'CityRP' derived from 'base'
Sending 8 'User Info' ConVars to server (cl_spewuserinfoconvars to see)
Scanning for downloaded fonts...
Reloading Particles...
Disconnect: ERROR! Reliable snapshot overflow..
Disconnect: ERROR! Reliable snapshot overflow..

Browser Message: Uncaught ReferenceError: SetStatusChanged is not defined - :0

Before all of this is loads of stuff about 'SetConVar: No Such cvar' and then about skipping it. What is wrong with this?!

The Lua Error is still there, *frustration*.

And the snapshot error.

Whaaaa?!

EDIT: Just thought i'd mention, I appreciate any and all help you give me on this matter. I have a friend who plays on this server, and he always can join. Strange...
Ok, update:

Everything is fixed, including an error I didn't mention "OS Paged Pool Memory Low".

Just that darn Lua Error!

I noticed however, when I finally got into the server, that the only things that were errors were certain people and all the cars. I was only in for a little bit, so i'm not sure if that was the only thing.

On top of this, when I try and switch around my grav. gun, and tool gun, the bar at the top just says "1. Gravity Gun", with no images, and I can't scroll through anything. Derp.

Josh Billings
For now, visit this link, download both files and copy them to your cache folder.

And that error is strange, since all the files are nicely mirrored.
(10-30-2011, 08:11 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: For now, visit this link, download both files and copy them to your cache folder.

And that error is strange, since all the files are nicely mirrored.

Much appreciated, i'll get back to you on how it is.

In the meantime, accept my upmost gratitude for your help.

Josh Billings
Sorry for posting in a really old thread but I have the same problem. The link Soul wrote doesn't work any longer. Please, for the love of god, help me.
(06-16-2012, 05:52 PM)Leonidas Wrote: Sorry for posting in a really old thread but I have the same problem. The link Soul wrote doesn't work any longer. Please, for the love of god, help me.

The FastDL server has a little problem yesterday, sorry for the inconvenience. Everything should work again for you.
(06-17-2012, 12:25 PM)Soul Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 05:52 PM)Leonidas Wrote: Sorry for posting in a really old thread but I have the same problem. The link Soul wrote doesn't work any longer. Please, for the love of god, help me.

The FastDL server has a little problem yesterday, sorry for the inconvenience. Everything should work again for you.

Maybe you could include lua cache file in the content pack?