Abandon IC Racism&Sexism rule
I feel like it shouldn't be scraped. BUT the rules should be more lenient as myself, while in character sometimes just come out with some random outbursts when im talking to people which is sometimes just part of my rp [never meant to offend anybody]

+/- Support

Many people can be easily offended from in-game stuff. If someone is black IRL, they don't really want to be called the N word via a game.

That reason, -Support. Remember, FL is Semi-Serious, not Serious. I'm sure you can use non-racist/sexist remarks to still be a good Don Corleone Wink
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
The following 2 users Like Edned's post:
  • MegaOmega, Demoman
+support
(03-27-2016, 07:59 AM)PandiZz Wrote:
(03-27-2016, 07:40 AM)MegaOmega Wrote: -Support
Anyone who comes across a racist/sexist slur might be offended in real life. I can see lots of arguments leaking into OOC. I wouldn't like to come across a racist slur.
You might get offended in real life if I say I will kill your whole family and drink their blood in character. - But that's not a reason to censor threats against family, is it?
If I call you rice picker, cracka, or a cotton picker in character would you really be offended behind your screen?
People so sensitive lately, time to have a check on reality.

I think it's horrendous that people think this is a good idea. Nobody wants to be offended and people who have experience such offence will not want to experience it again.
And yes, I would be offended that people think it's alright to say that and would say such things.

Jonas also comes up with obvious points. This is just a semi-serious server and is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.

EDIT: I'm not saying you are not allowed to offend people, but taking it to extremes like keep on calling them a N or constantly abusing someone is not tolerable.
The following 1 user Likes MegaOmega's post:
  • Demoman
+support
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I don't see this working with the current player base as it's way too immature to handle this properly.
It'll end up in OOC hate speech and people just generally trolling each other IC.

-Support - came to different thoughts
The following 2 users Like Joulle's post:
  • MegaOmega, Grunt
(03-27-2016, 01:22 PM)Joulle Wrote: I don't see this working with the current player base as it's way too immature to handle this properly.

-Support

This basically <3
Ive found in my time playing Fearless, a lot of people tend to take IC insults quite personally OOC. Also, as previously said by someone, people hide OOC insults behind the face of In Character chat

That being said,

-Support
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 4 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Reebs, MegaOmega, Baskingner, Edned
(03-27-2016, 04:43 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: Ive found in my time playing Fearless, a lot of people tend to take IC insults quite personally OOC. Also, as previously said by someone, people hide OOC insults behind the face of In Character chat

That being said,

-Support

Couldn't have said it better than this ^

-Support
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Sometime during last year, we tried this out and it went to straight sh*t and was reimplemented to becoming against the rules again.
That's because as mentioned above, many people are too immature to roleplay it in a good way, and will just abuse it and call it "RP & IC" just to cover themselves.

Various types of discrimination are not allowed in many games for a reason. We should stick to that aswell.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]