Admin AFK Timer
+Support
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Danny Boy
I support a 30-45 minute AFK timer. If someone needs to be AFK for more than that, they might aswell disconnect and connect later.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 5 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Danny Boy, mintblackbeard, Random, Marty, Agorith
I support this suggestion with Avgar's addition. 

+support
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Danny Boy
+Support.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
(09-17-2016, 03:27 PM)Infernaw Wrote: I support a 30-45 minute AFK timer. If someone needs to be AFK for more than that, they might aswell disconnect and connect later.
I would rather make it so that after 30 minutes, it stops counting up how many hours they have all together.
Regards, Midget

+Support
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
45min timer I can live with.
+support if that.
(03-12-2016, 10:25 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(03-12-2016, 10:13 PM)Greed^ Wrote: +Support, certain staff members abuses this to farm hours which gives an unfair advantage for the regular members

To Greed: How precisely is it an "advantage"?
                Me personally, I don't even want to have as many hours as I have.

To all players: I don't get what it is with the whole movement going on trying to underpower staff members nowadays.
                      We get perks, deal with it basically.
                      We don't get paid, least we can have for all the shit we deal with on a daily basis is small 'perks' like this.

-Support

Agorith
Fearless Moderator

"To Greed: How precisely is it an "advantage"?

Me personally, I don't even want to have as many hours as I have.
"

definition of advantage: "a condition or circumstance that puts one in a favourable or superior position"
You not having an afk timer gives you the advantage of not leaving the server for an indefinable amount of time, ergo allowing you to never really leave, meaning that you could be on afk when the server is full disallowing people who would actually play the ability to. whether or not you want to have as many hours as you have or don't it doesn't matter.

"To all players: I don't get what it is with the whole movement going on trying to underpower staff members nowadays.
                      We get perks, deal with it basically.
                      We don't get paid, least we can have for all the shit we deal with on a daily basis is small 'perks' like this."

Ignoring the first sentence, the "We get perks, deal with it basically " is just you skipping any of the arguments that have been made. Yes we understand that you get perks but as a community we are deciding whether these perks are actually needed to help admins do their job. "We don't get paid, least we can have for all the shit we deal with on a daily basis is small 'perks' like this." as brought up in previous posts you are a volounteer, you are not paid. if that annoys you so much then stop being a member of staff, if you cannot conform to certain rules then its not your problem and you are unfit for this voluntary work.

my argument on the topic:
+support, admins not having an afk timer only creates more problems than it solves. if they implement a way in which admins have slots on the server so they can still join the server when its full then its great. I don't see this "perk" as helping anyone in the community the only reason you would be using this is if you where afk, which you would be taking slots on the server for those that would be active and also possibly abusing it to get more hours.

We must seize the memes of production!![Image: amiity_by_ratatoskrr1-dapwu5z.png]
(03-12-2016, 03:21 PM)Aston Wrote: This seem ridiculous of a suggestion. The community has had that since the start, why are people trying to change the community this late?

Huge - Support.
The admins have lives too.

Very poor reasoning made. just because its been this way since the server started doesn't mean its a viable reason to still have this. "admins have lives too", I'm sure they do but that doesn't mean they should be on the server afk while they are doing that. they are taking up spots which mean people who actually use the server will not be able to join. if you are gone longer than half an hour you should be disconnected.

We must seize the memes of production!![Image: amiity_by_ratatoskrr1-dapwu5z.png]