new rules q/a
posting here because I don't want discussion & questions to be buried

new/altered rules (rules that I'm pretty sure already existed in some form are grey):

1.4 Do not insult or disrespect players or staff in Out-Of-Character chats.

1.5 Respect the staff’s decisions. You may discuss about it privately as long as you stick to the server rules.
1.5a Do not harass or disrespect the staff, this may lead to a heavier punishment than you have been dealt to already.
1.5b If you feel like your punishment is unfair, please make an unban/unblacklist request. You can discuss it there instead.

1.13 Racism, sexism and discrimination (i.e. homophobia) is not allowed OOC and IC.
2.1f Orders must be given via voice or text comminucation to initiate a FearRP situation.

3.3 Do not go back to the area in which you died for until 10 minutes have passed unless given explicit permission from an administrator.

4.1c Even with an underground/custom Criminal job, you still cannot kill a person without a valid roleplay reason.

4.6 Do not shoot down the elevator shaft in the Nexus or the Office building as players are riding in the elevator.
6.7b Exception: You may place a finished Passive RP dupe on a rooftop, with an Admin’s permission.
8.2a Do not call a paramedic or fireman for help and then hostaging them.

8.7 Using ropes is only for taking a player hostage. Do not use ropes for any other reason.
8.7a Do not use ropes as a way to disarm somebody. It is not realistic and counts as FailRP doing so.
8.7b Exception: You may use ropes if you work for the goverment with a custom job that would fit the situation, i.e. President’s Bodyguard.
9.4a Do not set your job as an animal, this is considered FailRP.

9.8a Do not make a contra-base as any of the jobs listed: Government members, Citizen, Chauffeur, Chef, Security Guard, Doctor, Mechanic. Exception: citizen with custom job name that fits the roleplay situation are allowed.
9.8b Do not contra base together with different jobs (i.e. Gun dealer with rebels). Exception: Citizen with custom job (i.e. Rebel associate).

11.7 Do not ban unrealistic things from the city. (i.e. Running, Walking, Jumping, breathing etc.)
12.10 Official Government units can not wear any other clothing than their uniform, or use non-government vehicles, unless they are undercover.
12.10a The police sergeant should not go undercover.
12.10b SRU or the SRU Sergeant are not allowed to go undercover as it is considered FailRP
14.2e You cannot raid the President for demoting you from a Government job.
4.2f You cannot raid the president solely for having the job title “Dictator”. This is Metagaming.

14.5 Do not provoke the government raiding you on purpose. As a criminal, you want to keep a low profile.
16.8 You cannot steal vehicles or mug someone in the main street, or where there’s a chance of someone seeing you committing the crime.
16.9 Burglars are not allowed to use Molotovs when burgling properties. It is a burglary not a raid.  
16.9a Only break in with lockpicks (you want to be quiet). Do not use shotguns to perform burglary.
17.5 Do not build your own vehicle without an admin’s permission.

17.12 Do not drive vehicles inside of buildings where they do not belong.
18.4a Colors and materials that remove the depth perception and allow it to perfectly blend in with the surrounding props cannot be used in defenses. (I.e. Pitch black color on a barricade and the walls behind it.)

18.8 Do not block off a spawnpoint or make walls around it. (i.e. corleone villas).
18.9 There must be atleast one accessible entrance in a building.
19.1a Also the pool building, the Tides Hotel, Hospital and Izzie’s Palace are classed as public buildings and should only be used for passive RP.

20.4 Do not sleep in places you would not be able to sleep in otherwise, i.e. the trashbin.

There's a few things I am concerned about in the new rules:
2.1f: If someone is typing, is FearRP initiated WHILE typing or after? The party at the other end of the gun has no idea if the person just pressed y and went for a wank, is typing a clan radio message, a pm, an OOC message, or what. I see this being a HUGE disadvantage to players without a mic. Additionally, what happens if someone is claiming fearrp with a mic and the other person has audio muted (and maybe NO sound in their name)?

12.10: Why can a police sergeant not go undercover? How is that fail RP? They sure as hell do in real life.

Please post any questions you have for the staff :~)
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
So, if you're burgling a place and the people living there start shooting you, can you then Molotov/Shotgun it as it has then turned into a raid, not a burglary?
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Jonas
(03-03-2016, 07:29 PM)JackZ Wrote: So, if you're burgling a place and the people living there start shooting you, can you then Molotov/Shotgun it as it has then turned into a raid, not a burglary?

I think the whole point of a burglary is that it is supposed to be silent and no one will notices you.
yeah well I think that sometimes burglary escalates to robbery. burglars may not want to rob someone but when you're in their house and you have a gun and they have a gun
good talk
12.10a The police sergeant should not go undercover.

I don't understand. The way this rule is worded makes me think the player has a choice on whether the Police Sergeant can go undercover or not. Why couldn't it be worded "The police sergeant CANNOT go undercover."
This rule isn't very clear unlike the one below.
"SRU or the SRU Sergeant are not allowed to go undercover".

Was it done like this for a reason?

If it is the case that the player has the choice, why have the rule there?
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • goigle!
(03-04-2016, 07:58 AM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: 12.10a The police sergeant should not go undercover.

I don't understand. The way this rule is worded makes me think the player has a choice on whether the Police Sergeant can go undercover or not. Why couldn't it be worded "The police sergeant CANNOT go undercover."
This rule isn't very clear unlike the one below.
"SRU or the SRU Sergeant are not allowed to go undercover".

Was it done like this for a reason?

If it is the case that the player has the choice, why have the rule there?

I think that the police sergeant should not go undercover because he commands the police and he can't do it while undercover.
(03-04-2016, 08:50 AM)Foxirius Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 07:58 AM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: -snip-

I think that the police sergeant should not go undercover because he commands the police and he can't do it while undercover.

That's not the point I'm trying to make. I'm talking about the wording of the rule.
Kind Regards,

It's okay now. I've just had confirmation on why its worded like that.
Kind Regards,

Hello everyone,

I will be putting up an official thread regarding the rules.
Keep in mind that with every implementation, comes flaws and "bugs".

We're all only human, and some typos or fails can be spotted, as well as missed rules.
This is why we will keep the rules as up to date as possible.

PS: Some rules may still be unwritten and under the common sense of FailRP and what I personally like to call, "FL-Logic". Pointing things out is a lot of help, since the staff usually float around and respond to @calls instead of RPing, we don't get reminded of the conflicts like players do. That's another reason why your voices are important.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 4 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Awestruck, Brikaas, Gog, Marty