Why?
On the topic of relevant quotes. This one seems fitting:

"Dignity does not come from avenging insults, especially from violence that can never be justified. It comes from taking responsibility and advancing our common humanity."

Instead of insulting others to get respect off the wrong people, why not be nice to everybody?

Thanks,
AwestruckBullet
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
This is the Internet, get with it.

Nobody will be nice to everybody, if you can't handle someone you'll never know over the Internet calling you a name then you'll have a shock when you get to 18+ years old.

It's all about growing up and acting mature, so what if some kid calls you a "prick", how in anyway can that affect you, it's someone who's miles away from you.

It annoys me how petty some people can get, rules are rules yes so don't do it over Fearless, simple as that.

Stand your ground, stick up for yourself. If someone insults you take it on the chin, laugh it off!

One thing I can say now though is everything seems to be an insult, which makes me laugh. You tell someone to "piss off" nowadays and they report you for it, I mean that's too far.
(03-03-2016, 01:31 PM)Falcao Wrote: This is the Internet, get with it.

Nobody will be nice to everybody, if you can't handle someone you'll never know over the Internet calling you a name then you'll have a shock when you get to 18+ years old.

It's all about growing up and acting mature, so what if some kid calls you a "prick", how in anyway can that affect you, it's someone who's miles away from you.

It annoys me how petty some people can get, rules are rules yes so don't do it over Fearless, simple as that.

Stand your ground, stick up for yourself. If someone insults you take it on the chin, laugh it off!

I agree with most of your points, however, I don't think it's the right attitude to have. Yes, it's the internet and people can say whatever the fuck they want, however, I think common courtesy and humanity should still remain. Especially if it's said in the public eye (Forums, OOC, etc.)

Thanks,
AwestruckBullet
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 3 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Agorith, Holdem, Freezak
Which is why I said rules are rules and don't do it over Fearless.

There's no right or wrong attitude, it all comes down to what type of person you are.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Grunt
Honestly, I think player insults, racism and hompophic should all be allowed in character. It's roleplay. If you don't like what someone is saying, then you call the police to calm it down.

However, in OOC I think racism should be banned along with major homophobic because I along with others still stay homophobic terms. Equally, as others have stated. This is the internet, if you can't take an insult you shouldn't be here.
It comes both ways. People take a lot less before actually reporting someone. Reporting for things like "Piss off" or "sucker" shouldnt be happening but on the other side i feel there are people around just to be toxic and try to start flamewars in OOC or the forum, which is unacceptable and plain annoying.

Like Awestruck says,  sure its the internet, but you could still have soms decency.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Awestruck
Sure, it's the internet. But pretty much the entire life of a modern person nowadays IS the internet. That doesn't mean all social codes, respect, and common sense is removed. "Internet" does not mean 4chan. 

I see here at my office that my client ticket page is on the internet. Can I tell one of my clients that he's an asshole? Of course not.
This community is on the internet, based on Garry's Mod. Many other games and communities give you the ability to report rude behaviour, etc. That feature exists for a reason, does it not?

Just because something's online and you're not talking to someone face to face, it doesn't mean it's okay to be a complete dickhead. There's still a person at the other side receiving what you're telling them. 
It's really just human common sense to be a bit more polite and respectful, especially to strangers who have done you nothing wrong in life. Doesn't matter if it's on- or offline.

I'm not the type who gets offended easily. But I'm just saying that the "It's the internet" excuse is pretty poor and tasteless to say. As long as people act civilized and chill, nobody would really get offended. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 3 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • mgdwszx, Holdem, Awestruck
I simply don't understand the need that alot of people seem to have nowadays to insult and blatantly disrespect people for the tiniest reason.
Instead of complaining about why everyone gets 'butthurt' so easily, just be a nicer person or don't talk at all?
The toxicity is over the top on FL, has been for a while now and I'm personally sick of it.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't bother saying anything at all.
When people ARE being disrespectful in certain ways, they'll get punished for it and half the time get even saltier afterwards for their own mistakes they actively chose to make.

TLDR; Act mature and friendly, even constructive if you got something 'negative' to say. Blatant disrespect and insulting will never help solve anyone's problems.
The following 3 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Infernaw, mgdwszx, Awestruck
I'm Triggered now.  Angry