content size & community input
(03-03-2016, 05:17 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: Best thing is to wait for SoulRipper or someone  to answer. It's seriously hard and annoying to answer every reply here. I don't even have the energy and mood to do this. So here's my last reply.

We don't also tell updates because we did not like how Coded Brain was doing things like - HEY I'M WORKING ON THIS OMG SUPER HYPE ITS TOO AWESOME and stuff. It just looked like he wanted to do something about his ego (no offence bro). Though he is a outstanding coder we just don't like how he did things. Not no mention he never finished a single project.

Ghostkiller - And yes you need code for playermodels. But the problem is with models because we plan to implement a certain system to all playermodels. ALSO I'M A MODELLER. I DON'T CODE.

I think that's all.

If you're working on implemented a system to all players models. Why are we not informed or referenced a suggestion that shows what you're working on? Why are you trying to do comlpex stuff when we, the community is only looking for you to add models in?
(03-03-2016, 05:28 PM)Wobbuffet Wrote: This is turning into a falme war thread.

There was some good points, its true, just open your eyes! People are losing interest on FL because we stick with an update for months! Why doesnt Soul open the contributor program again? I dont think that Avgar and himself cant handle all the code. I mean cmon! 1 update for just a player model? Now what? Do we have to wait for one more month just to get an update about some new prop's?

the contributor program was open, no one (to my knowledge) is in it
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=68037

iirc I was the only programmer in the contributor program
(03-03-2016, 05:29 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: Atleast in my view I sometimes feel like an engineer without tools.

precisely why i quit

(03-03-2016, 06:42 PM)Zyphix Wrote: From a personal perspective, I find development in GMod slightly harder because the ways you have to debug is outright terrible. Something like an IDE could be great, but no no, Autorefresh will save Lua, said Garry.

Another reason is that the workflows the developers are using, from development to testing to launch is very unoptimized. I had theorized lots of ways it could be enhanced, but I am not working with GMod anyomre.

Lua is a tad harder to debug, yes, however I find it is rather easy to throw things together quickly. There also tools for developing in Garry's Mod that have a lot of IDE like features (I think it's called gCode or LuaPad). Autorefresh is actually an amazing feature.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
For everyone here, the reason that we're having to make a fuss about this is the simple facts. What simples facts am I referring to.
This:

BEFORE( 2 WEEKS AGO)
[Image: 89179a59e4.png]

Please take note of the average(past month):

Which is at 28.

This is from today:

TODAY
[Image: 71a553e21f.png]
It is now 23 from the past month

That is a drop of 5 average players and a huge drop from the highest perctial from this month from last month.

The scary fact from all of this, was the data I am comparing from is only 2 weeks old. In 2 weeks, FL has lost on average 5 players. And the issue is, I see no reason for this not to keep dropping .With the reduction of updates. Us players who are loyal to FL will leave. There is nothing to keep us interested. 

I understand you're lying regarding saying it's 'not technically possible' to silence the suggestion so it's not implemented as it will stop new players joining. But if this is your approach expect to lose many loyal players.

What will happen if you follow this path:

Spoiler :
If you continue to prioritize the new players that will join all you're going to do is make this game with less experienced players and more new players. The result of this will be there will be less good roleplayers doing good quality RP's. It will turn the server from RP land to contra-farming land as all new players will be focused on making money which is what everyone will do. This will result in people not caring what their dupes like and no experienced players to teach those new players how to role play effectively. The servers will then turn very mingy and when new players join, they'll leave because no roleplay is going on other than contrafarming RP and selling guns in a DarkRP looking shop.

Facts are fact, shit needs to change and if not; people will leave.
The following 3 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Captain Barry, Conn, Wobbuffet
(03-03-2016, 06:58 PM)goigle! Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 05:28 PM)Wobbuffet Wrote: This is turning into a falme war thread.

There was some good points, its true, just open your eyes! People are losing interest on FL because we stick with an update for months! Why doesnt Soul open the contributor program again? I dont think that Avgar and himself cant handle all the code. I mean cmon! 1 update for just a player model? Now what? Do we have to wait for one more month just to get an update about some new prop's?

the contributor program was open, no one (to my knowledge) is in it
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=68037

iirc I was the only programmer in the contributor program
(03-03-2016, 05:29 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: Atleast in my view I sometimes feel like an engineer without tools.

precisely why i quit

(03-03-2016, 06:42 PM)Zyphix Wrote: From a personal perspective, I find development in GMod slightly harder because the ways you have to debug is outright terrible. Something like an IDE could be great, but no no, Autorefresh will save Lua, said Garry.

Another reason is that the workflows the developers are using, from development to testing to launch is very unoptimized. I had theorized lots of ways it could be enhanced, but I am not working with GMod anyomre.

Lua is a tad harder to debug, yes, however I find it is rather easy to throw things together quickly. There also tools for developing in Garry's Mod that have a lot of IDE like features (I think it's called gCode or LuaPad). Autorefresh is actually an amazing feature.

I work in Visual Studio 2015, so that's why I can compare the debugging between the two, because it is very easy to test things in VS2015. Autorefresh does help a lot, but I would mostly prefer an IDE of course.

Something like a SDK for Garry's Mod could be pretty cool but I bet it will never happend though.
I've lost interest in FL due to the fact that there's nothing special to be excited for. The guns are shit because of content size, the replay ability is also shit. Its pointless.
(03-03-2016, 04:04 PM)DarkN00b Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 03:47 PM)DVN Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 03:32 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: I never really cared about content size. But to answer your question on that vote thing. All developers including owner agreed that the suggestion Ghostkiller made has too many flaws and will not be compactible with upcoming change in content WHICH is why updates won't come for a while as we have to be careful with this one.
Second point is that I disagree that clans should get such exclusive content. I just diagree. But when all developers disagree to do this then who is going to do it? There is one fact - We are not paid for what we are doing. So basically we do which update we think is important. You can disagree and tell us that it is OUR job to do what community wants but we're not pets.

Not to mention we're humans aswell so we got our lifes. Don't forget though, I'm a modeller that means I have very limited access to some things like RELEASING UPDATES atleast for now.

This is my response. I expect flame incoming on this one.

No flame intended, I understand your expertise is in modelling which is great.

Being in the development team, you say you guys discuss important updates and must prioritise some from my understanding here. Is there any reason we're waiting months on end for seriously tiny cosmetic updates? I really don't want to bash any of you, because you're all busy enough as it is, you have lives, and also more responsibilities on FL apart from developing for example Avgar, but it is seriously becoming concerning at the amount of time we have to wait for updates.

As said before don't take it the wrong way bud, because I appreciate what you guys do I'm just tired of waiting, I've even held back from donating again until it becomes worth it and I know FL is going to improve, something I genuinely don't want to do.

Well, we promised not to reveal much. But we actually plan to do that. But there are things that will take some time before we can do things like that. For example, the current content is a real mess and there are some things  that are bugged or just pointless to be there. Also same in codes. I can say it's slowly getting sorted out but it's still slow. I can't tell if it would be faster if I could do it all myself. Honestly I don't know. From my view unless FL makes some important steps before updating the problems with content will get worse and the bugs will increase too.

I don't know how long you have been waiting to be honest. Since I became developer I started to work on various things. I guess I can reveal that everything is done but now we have to deal with issue with the mess that is currently in FL. I don't really know if it would change things if I had enough access to make it faster. There are also some other things that are dead because either we don't have time or I or Avgar just can't do it. We have to work together as there's just one coder and modeller. So if one is unactive then either Avgar or me can't go on.

I agree on this. I don't like how the development is going right now but there's nothing much I can do about that now. But in my opinion it's getting better now. You probably won't believe it but the worst development was when Mavis/Coded Brain/The Doctor was here (no offence it's my opinion) - I won't reveal more about that...

I don't know what else to say. That are my troughts on current development.

Thanks for answering my question mate, as said before it wasn't a bash or anything and I totally understand that you and Avgar are busy.

At this point I feel it's pointless even talking about it, we're just patiently waiting and honestly wishing we could get something new. I hope you guys can release something soon, and I would say 'no rush' but please rush lmao
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • goigle!
I don't think FL should use content already on the workshop. I don't think it looks good when downloading because it just says "Downloading from the workshop SWEP fists" Etc. I don't think it looks good, it looks like everything got made by just pushing a few subscribe buttons and downloading many addons and putting them in the server. Which it wasn't.

I also think the server doesn't need as much content. But it would be better with upgrading on the current features it has. Why not work on balancing the current guns out a little or making the nexus secretaries overview of commands easier?

The updated fishing system is a good example of what I am talking about, it didn't require any more content to be added but it made fishing more enjoyable.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
yea just steal credit, fuck content creators amerite
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Given I have GMOD on my SSD and it only has about a gig left I am a bit of a sucker for content size. Given my addons folder alone is around 40GB

HOWEVER

Most of the suggestions I tend to try them myself in a single player game so I have a lot of unnecessary content.

I think that even a new car or a new job or something like that would make people interested as I know people are getting bored, I'll be honest I see it everyday that some on my friends list are heading to LL over FL....the difference between the two ? > CONTENT.

Let's get this shit going.
[Image: giphy.gif]