The lack of roleplay.
Roleplay points are something that some of the most experienced roleplayers get, it's when the cops are outside crashing into one another while chasing a trabant that you make a lovely pizzeria in the corner of town. You sit there with your cup of coffee and laugh with the few customers you get and speak with a terrible Italian accent. That is the kind of thing that would earn you a roleplay point, you are thinking creativly and not just using jobs and suggestions laid out to you by the server.

Personally this is not my preferred roleplay style so I have 0 RPP but that doesn't mean I am a terrible roleplayer. I quite like my vault tec rps, the thrill of getting government funding to built research and vault facilities while secretly testing on subjects just send a chill down my spine and I love it.

You need to work out what roleplay style you like and do what is best for you because that is what it is all about, having fun.
The following 1 user Likes chopchop1614's post:
  • Link
What I recommend to do is do something you love, do something everyone will enjoy and don't roleplay purely for roleplay points.
It seems that people are a bit edgy around here. I believe most people here are misunderstanding Goose's intentions when he made this thread.

What Goose meant to say with " "RP" is not running a store. "RP" is correctly playing your role. " Is that doing something inside the server doesn't count as RolePlay if you're not doing it properly.

If you're a gun dealer and open a gun shop, but all you do is say "What do you want", get the money for it, give the item back and that's it, then you're not really RolePlaying as well as you should be. Merely being present doing something doesn't constitute good RP, but the execution.

What Goose meant with well played aggressive RP is not a rant towards anyone for not awarding him RPP for playing aggressively. I personally understand his point, the only thing I do in Gmod is play on FL, and before that I was an Admin for another big RP community. Personally, I'm slow, clumsy and pretty crap at building good things, therefore my RolePlay tends to be around actions rather than business'. I RP often as part of the government, security or as a BMD, selling shady items to shady people in the most realistic way possible.

To give you an example: A police officer.

Person A is a police officer. He responds to radio calls, arrests criminals and patrols. He's doing what an Officer should do.
Person B is also a police officer. He responds to radio calls, and when he's there he /me's checking information on the suspect, questions him a little. He also arrests criminals, but tells them their rights and what's going to happen next. He also patrols, but he keeps informing by radio of his status, i.e "Officer B here at slums, no suspicious activity to report, heading to the apartments to investigate a call about a disturbance".

It's not what you do, it's how you do it, and I believe that what Goose meant by saying this is that people are not deeply involved in their RP's thinking that just because they're doing something it constitutes "RP". Anyway, just my two cents.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Joulle
(03-03-2016, 02:02 PM)Holdem Wrote: It seems that people are a bit edgy around here. I believe most people here are misunderstanding Goose's intentions when he made this thread.

What Goose meant to say with " "RP" is not running a store. "RP" is correctly playing your role. " Is that doing something inside the server doesn't count as RolePlay if you're not doing it properly.

If you're a gun dealer and open a gun shop, but all you do is say "What do you want", get the money for it, give the item back and that's it, then you're not really RolePlaying as well as you should be. Merely being present doing something doesn't constitute good RP, but the execution.

What Goose meant with well played aggressive RP is not a rant towards anyone for not awarding him RPP for playing aggressively. I personally understand his point, the only thing I do in Gmod is play on FL, and before that I was an Admin for another big RP community. Personally, I'm slow, clumsy and pretty crap at building good things, therefore my RolePlay tends to be around actions rather than business'. I RP often as part of the government, security or as a BMD, selling shady items to shady people in the most realistic way possible.

To give you an example: A police officer.

Person A is a police officer. He responds to radio calls, arrests criminals and patrols. He's doing what an Officer should do.
Person B is also a police officer. He responds to radio calls, and when he's there he /me's checking information on the suspect, questions him a little. He also arrests criminals, but tells them their rights and what's going to happen next. He also patrols, but he keeps informing by radio of his status, i.e "Officer B here at slums, no suspicious activity to report, heading to the apartments to investigate a call about a disturbance".

It's not what you do, it's how you do it, and I believe that what Goose meant by saying this is that people are not deeply involved in their RP's thinking that just because they're doing something it constitutes "RP". Anyway, just my two cents.

Exactly my thoughts there mate, but as many others have stated around here it's also less likely for the moving kind of rp to get spotted. Shops are like an eye sore, in a good way so people go check them out, but you can't see someone's /mes /its from far.

Also I'm the kind of roleplayer who doesn't just want to sit behind a desk the whole day and do /mes and /its. When I sit behind a desk, I'm usually a gun dealer but I mix it with a bit of fun having somewhat trolly yet funny employees (ye ofc it sometimes gets a bit out of hand). And I mostly have gun store dupes for all kinds of situations. When the president makes weapons illegal, I simply remove my weapon store and move to a dark alley with my truck dupe, or set up a shop outside the city, somewhat hidden. I like adapting to different situations but I don't see anyone rewarding for it and I don't really care that much because I just like doing this. But I also like doing the somewhat semi aggressive trolly stereotypical Russian rp with some people from the server. That's not good rp but I love doing it so who really cares about rp points if you like doing what you're doing.

In addition /mes and /its aren't required for good rps either, you can pretty much cover a lot of good rp via voice chat, for example one of my rp points comes from hitman rp where I was the hitman's assistant and we had pretty good cover rp going on in there and I was constantly cleaning the establishment's floors and tables and making sweeping noises via voice chat. Of course talking is most of the time enough, but improvising is the thing that gets the rp points, you need to exceed yourself. I don't always feel like trying so hard to rp, as in I'm not in the mood to make sweeping noises or speak with every day Joe's voice (which actually kills my throat) but to make a weapon store with some fellas and to fool around with the neighbors and be that annoying security guard with the annoying voice. So far I have 3 characters, all with different voices. The voices bring so much depth to my characters and more than often I get so stuck with the different voices that they leak on to other characters' rps. I don't see anyone rewarding me for most of these things specifically but sometimes for whole situations.

If all my good rps had been spectated, I bet I'd have shit loads of rp points, but we mustn't forget that we're all humans and the staff team isn't here to watch someone else play 24/7. They're here to roleplay, just like we all are.

Also remember me holdem? EvoSec months ago mate ?? That was some great fun there mate.