The 'Unwritten Rules'
Well as I am sure you all know and are mostly aware there are many grey areas when it comes to the rules, with "unwritten rules" having a punishment handed out and generally admins making it up as they go along.

The most recent one I encountered was the having to wait until being a dictator. This is written nowhere however admins are therefore under the assumption that it is a rule ?

Surely something that is not available for all players to read and be notified of cannot therefore have a punishment handed out for it ? Or can it ?

I think to say the least that it would be extremely unfair on the accused player for breaking a rule they simply were not aware of as it is something that the staff team have cooked up in either their heads, or their private forums.

I would like to share some screenshots with you all, this in no way is to put the admin in a bad light and is in actual fact just to show how we cannot continue working like this.

Also rule 1.5 (Listen to admin decisions; they aren't negotiable.) that shits got to go, some admins are using this crazily to their advantage, even when they are in the wrong, again I will not share their name to put them in a bad light however this rule is making in virtually impossible to actually have a civilised conversation with some of the staff team as when you try to explain to them the full situation they literally just type ".// 1.5"

As I said here are the screenshots below...

ON THIS OCCASION AN ADMINISTRATOR PUBLICALLY ANNOUNCES THAT HE CAN EDIT THE RULES AS HE SEES FIT ? Now I have heard about exemptions of the rules, ie NLR due to your props spazzing out etc etc, but actually bending the rules to fit whatever agenda suits, surely that is a major no, no.

More what I am looking for is A. The communities input in all of this, and B. An SA's input on this, what is the official standing on rules that are not on the website, nor on the servers, are they punishable, if so why ?

Regards
[Image: giphy.gif]
This was an unwritten rule. However, the 'rule' was removed when the team switched so what-ever admin is informing you that you're not allowed is completely false. If you get banned for it equally, I'd highly recommend posting an UBR as it's not in the rules nor does it fall under any other possible rule so it is literally a rule that doesn't exist anywhere.

Obviously I could be talking complete shit here but personally if I was to go dictator I wouldn't wait 20 minutes. There is no reason not to and as long as you have RP reasons in your banning then it is RP and is completely allowed from my opinion.
- Ghost
The following 3 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Marty, Link, aDisabledDeer
Well, if you look at the screenshots, according to Hitman, everyone knows about it and its rule number is 1.5 ........
There is nothing saying you have to wait 20 minutes, correct.

However certain staff are enforcing this rule, however myself I don't.

We as a team understand the rules are too vague currently, but trust me when I say it's getting sorted, things like this don't go missed!
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Marty
Surely however in the name of fairness this cannot and should not be enforced. It's purely unethical.
It is true that there are several grey areas regarding rules and other areas that affect gameplay. In the past there has always been a "Grey area" regarding several subjects. I have personally voiced my concern over this subject with members of staff and the matter is being discussed.

Recently, there have been changes to the SA team, new additions that I believe will help Fearless move forward regarding several subjects, including the one you've mentioned. 

These rules cannot be enforced in the form of punishment and shouldn't be since there is no written rule about it, however an Admin has the right to set specific rules if he/she believes that it is needed to improve gameplay. For example, if there are 5 dictators in a row, the admin can say "No more Dictators for the next hour", in order to offer a variety of RP to the server if things seem to be getting out of control , i.e: The server is in a constant gunfight on the streets and new people joining the server keep getting caught in the crossfire.

However, I do not believe staff should just say "1.5" as a justification to their actions. There should always be a reason given. However if you do not agree with say reason, the admin can effectively point at 1.5 to state that even if you don't agree, it doesn't mean that his authority is invalid and that he is acting within the guidelines.

In an all, the situation is being looked at I'm sure and we'll start seeing good changes soon!
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 4 users Like Holdem's post:
  • Marty, summotion, Link, aDisabledDeer
When I came back, I was informed that the 20minute rule was removed.
Shouldn't be enforced anymore.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 3 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Marty, Link, aDisabledDeer
The problem is that a certain group of players, staff included, misuses the unwritten rules to either a) ban someone or b) use it as a freecard to break the rules
The following 2 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Falc, Link
On the rare occasions that I am, in fact, a Dictator, I have always waited at least 20 minutes before becoming one. Even if the rule was removed, I personally would still wait the 20 minutes to do so, just in order to be certain that what I am doing is within the rules.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(03-01-2016, 01:05 PM)Infernaw Wrote: When I came back, I was informed that the 20minute rule was removed.
Shouldn't be enforced anymore.

So is this infact an official standing from Fearless that you are advocating as a supervising administrator ?