PC won't detect a TV monitor connected with HDMI?
Hello! So I lately had a bigger need for a second monitor as it would make things much easier for me. However, there is a problem. I connected my Samsung TV to my pc, but the PC won't detect the monitor? I have no clue what that happens. I tried to use a TV detection option on the Nvidia control panel, but it did not bring up a menu or anything. Any ideas why this happens?  The monitor is connected with a HDMI cable. I am not a good with these kind of things, any ideas?
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
You got it on the right HDMI channel most TVs use 2-3 I personally use a 32" super flat TV as my main and it works fine.

Also with it being your second monitor make sure to press Windows key + P and set it to extend these displays
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-26-2016, 12:05 PM)Marty Wrote: You got it on the right HDMI channel most TVs use 2-3 I personally use a 32" super flat TV as my main and it works fine.

Also with it being your second monitor make sure to press Windows key + P and set it to extend these displays

The HDMI channel is correct one. But when I try to right click on the desktop>Screen settings it won't detect the second monitor, it won't show up on the monitors list
It could be the HDMI cable ?
(02-26-2016, 12:25 PM)Marty Wrote: It could be the HDMI cable ?

I took it from my PS3 so it can't be the cable?
I use a TV as a monitor for my PC - are you connecting it from the graphics card to the TV with a mini hdmi-hdmi cable? That's how mine works
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
(02-26-2016, 01:16 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: I use a TV as a monitor for my PC - are you connecting it from the graphics card to the TV with a mini hdmi-hdmi cable? That's how mine works

As my main monitor doesn't need to a HDMI cable to show HD resolution (only needs a normal cable) there was a free HDMI slot and I plugged the TV in that with a normal HDMI cable.
Does your graphics card support HDMI ? Sounds like a silly question I know.
(02-26-2016, 02:11 PM)Marty Wrote: Does your graphics card support HDMI ? Sounds like a silly question I know.

I checked, GTX 650 supports HDMI
well this is just annoying. I found out that the HDMI port in my PC does nothing, its not connected to anything, just there. But I need a HDM2 cable or a DVI-D cable that can be connected to a VGA port. If my local store doesn't have these, then its almost a 100km trip to nearest electronic store...