SWAT Vans
Not a doomfort, you can easily walk up to the backdoors and spray inside: killing everyone. Also, it's not a base since it does not have keypads nor fading doors.. It's basically like saying: any holes that is less than X units is against the rules.
The van takes 5 RPP so its not an everyday vehicle in raids.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The defenders get a full base. The SWAT only get a van. I would say that's fair.
This quite an Intresting discussion, however I agree on the fact that the sru can use their van as the like as everyone stated Its their only good protection against all the galils.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
Since it's actually penetrable I would say it is fair, as proven by various members.
Quote:You cannot build complex mazes, tiny firing holes, toggled cover using the fading door tool, you cannot force people to crouch, and you cannot use materials that dazzle, blind or visually confuse the raiding party.

Although they aren't player built they are still tiny firing holes and are therefore breaking the doomfort rules
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 1 user Likes Huskii's post:
  • Brikaas
(02-15-2016, 09:28 PM)Huskii Wrote:
Quote:You cannot build complex mazes, tiny firing holes, toggled cover using the fading door tool, you cannot force people to crouch, and you cannot use materials that dazzle, blind or visually confuse the raiding party.

Although they aren't player built they are still tiny firing holes and are therefore breaking the doomfort rules

I do understand ypour point but I still think Its fair as Its not player build and it should be fairSRU to sort of defend themselfs and do a counter attack.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
Quote:Chest-high cover is generally allowed, but there are limits.

Above is a snip from the Doomfort explanation. But a vehicle is not a base.

Compared to what criminals usually defend themselves with, I don't see why the SRU shouldn't be able to have a better chance thanks to the van. As for shooting out from an RV, I personally think it's just beyond mingy. At least the van has an aggressive purpose and should be used for raid situations. The RV is, in my personal view, considered for a more passive use, since it's a regular vehicle with no defences. 

If the doomfort rules apply on the van, which logically they shouldn't, then it's discussable.
If it is a big issue anyway, I guess we'll need to find a solution by nerfing or implementing a new rule about it.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
I've used the SWAT van a few times, when shooting out of it, it's really not that easy. The thing sways a bit all the time and can only be used when attacking someone who has the height advantage because of where the firing holes are. Additionally, the walls are not bulletproof so if you're going against opponents they can just spam the walls and you're very likely to add.

What I do agree with regard to SWAT vans that is ridiculous is how the driver is bulletproof. What. If you're driving the SWAT van the drive cannot be shot. The only possible way is to go into the SWAT van from the rear and shoot the driver when in the SWAT van but goodluck doing that when the SWAT van is in motion. I would much prefer it if the SWAT van driver could take half of the damage when driving, rather than being in god mode. This also makes it confusing to me if FearRP applies when telling a driver of a SWAT van to get out. You could have 20 guns on the SWAT van but that doesn't mean you can shoot the bugger out.

tldr: SWAT van firing holes are fine but pls fix god mode when in driver seat
I didn't even know you could do this from inside the Van... Sweet.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.