Fearless Forum Eye-friendly Plugin
Brick 
[Image: 6Ky2dQj.png]

Ladies and gentlemen, I have the solution. I'm sure I'm not the only one who browses fearlessrp.net under less than perfectly lit conditions. When you use your computer and your monitor is the only (or primary) source of light in the room you're in, things can get frustrating, damaging and likely painful over time.

Stop singeing your eyes!

I personally use tools to help calibrate my screen so as not to lose color fidelity, but that's oftentimes not enough. As such, I design web-based plugins that override a website's existing styles to make them eye-friendly. I've met a lot of people who say they don't think it's a problem. But to browse Google, Youtube or Wikipedia at night, with your laptop on your lap at 1 in the morning? I'll never be convinced to deal with that myself when I have the option to change it.

I thought I'd quickly throw one together for FearlessRP, so enjoy.

Features:

• Makes everything bright about these forums darker without losing valuable contrast;
• Retains readability and allows you to browse for longer with your precious ocular integrity intact;
• Sticks to FL:RP.net's unique style and does not use an unfitting or haphazard color scheme;
Works with all good browsers (probably Opera with Violentmonkey as well, but the gradients used in lieu for images might not be covered).

What you need:

Firefox        or       Chrome;

Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey , respectively.

Then use the following link to install this tiny script. It's ultra light-weight, perfectly safe and secure and will not gather any of your information. All it does is override the site's original stylesheet with custom rules. Nothing but the looks of this forum is being written to. To confirm this, click the arrow next to Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey when the addon is installed and note that the script only applies when you're on a tab that contains fearlessrp.net.

Install:

[Image: yz2MOrp.jpg]
Click here or above to install. 7kb.

Current version: 0.1d
(Alpha, 8 Feb 2016).
Latest update:
Complete coverage for the full edit mode in posts; minor bug fixes.

Thank you for your confidence. Your eyes will thank you in due time!

How to update:

You're in luck again! Updates will be revised onto the same URL. All you'd have to do is check this thread once in a while, click the same link again and boom. Wow, there's just nothing bad about this plugin, is there?

I threw this together quickly and I'm still working on it. If you find anything that's utterly unreadable or doesn't fit, don't hesitate to PM me about it and I'll fix it ASAP.

Known issues:

What's that? You want to help out somehow? Wonderful! You can PM me about any bugs, that is, content that I forgot to override or any style inconsistency or illegibility. These, in simple Q & A form are issues I'm aware of:

Q: For a split second, when a page loads, I can still see the old style.

A: Alas, this is the fate of a style script. Because of the way it works fundamentally, in that it applies its style to override the page's original one, these original styles have to be loaded in first. As a Greasemonkey user for Firefox, you have the ability to set the load priority of a script. If you toggle it to load earlier on, in some cases, some or all of the site's own styles will load in after the script's and you'll either get a weird mix of differently designed elements or simply the impression that the script doesn't work, even if it's on. Unfortunately I'll never be able to fix this.
---
Q: Some people's signatures don't seem to fit.

A: A good few signatures on this forum have a white background. All images on these boards are made to look a little more eye-friendly without loss in color, but I cannot edit every individual image and replace it with an alpha-background. Not just in the sense of sheer practicality, it's just impossible. Sorry. However, if you have a signature you want me to change so it fits better with this layout or eve totally redo or design one, don't hesitate to PM me!

Screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/EIG2EFO.png;
http://i.imgur.com/lLAnVoL.png;
http://i.imgur.com/2ESjKr8.png;

And in the following attachments:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The following 3 users Like Tribal's post:
  • Erythrolux, Greed^, Alfred
Looks pretty cool actually
using it now thx
The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • Tribal