Garry's Mod crashes when I join any of the servers
I wanted to get back on Fearless RP because I haven't played for a while but I haven't played Garry's Mod for a while as well, I downloaded all the content packs on the download page and the two maps and when I load it up first time it crashes instantly once it finished Sending Client Info.

I tried twiddling with the launch option and downloaded both maps via workshop instead, one time it did work when I go on a singleplayer game then join the evocity_v2d server but now it crashes before it gets to the Sending Client Info bit.

I now messed it up even more and I don't know what to do.
Moved to public help & support forum.

This might help you

(02-04-2016, 05:03 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Alright, two of my mates had this issue and this worked for them and it worked me for also when my gmod didn't work: 
Ok so first close Gmod, then open the Steam client>Library>Right click Garry's Mod>Properties>"Set Launch Options" and type this in +mat_dxlevel 95

Then just apply and then run the game. You should be able to join FL.

- Ghost
If that doesn't work, a more sly and long-taking workaround that works for me to this day for this issue is starting a single player game first, then joining. The issue seems to be with loading in the assets properly. Good luck!
Thank you for the replies I'll try that launch option.
And it worked fine and I can go on both servers, thank you.
(02-07-2016, 12:11 PM)Makizox Wrote: And it worked fine and I can go on both servers, thank you.

No worries mate.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Awestruck
Answered, moving to archive.