Job spawnpoint display and other small updates
Just two questions out of curiosity. Did you hardcode the locations for spawnpoints, or did you retrieve them dynamically from the shared job config file? And is the models which display the job completely client-side or is it an entity on the server?
(01-30-2016, 06:27 PM)Zyphix Wrote: Just two questions out of curiosity. Did you hardcode the locations for spawnpoints, or did you retrieve them dynamically from the shared job config file? And is the models which display the job completely client-side or is it an entity on the server?

Both very good questions.

I retrieve the spawnpoints from the server so that admins could use this as a tool to much more easily adjust spawnpoints.
The model display is completely client-side so other players will not see the spawnpoints even if you enable them for yourself.
The following 2 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Edned, Grunt
(01-30-2016, 06:55 PM)Avgar Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 06:27 PM)Zyphix Wrote: Just two questions out of curiosity. Did you hardcode the locations for spawnpoints, or did you retrieve them dynamically from the shared job config file? And is the models which display the job completely client-side or is it an entity on the server?

Both very good questions.

I retrieve the spawnpoints from the server so that admins could use this as a tool to much more easily adjust spawnpoints.
The model display is completely client-side so other players will not see the spawnpoints even if you enable them for yourself.

And I suppose you can store back spawnpoints again, through adjustingi?

Nevertheless, good job on it. You've thought it out.
(01-30-2016, 08:05 PM)Zyphix Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 06:55 PM)Avgar Wrote: Both very good questions.

And I suppose you can store back spawnpoints again, through adjustingi?

Nevertheless, good job on it. You've thought it out.

When changing spawnpoints admins have to execute a special command to 'store' them in a file, therefore all changes they make until then are temporary, while still allowing them to see where each spawnpoint is via the Q menu checkbox.

I appreciate the feedback!
fucking amazing
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
We still need one for who did /request

[Image: q0mJ7Zo.png]

Click HERE to PM me / + Rep me