Ask Old Man Jokhah
(01-08-2016, 04:42 AM)Jerrycat Wrote: What is your favorite activity to do in FL? I personally enjoy aggressive RP.

Favorite is a hard one. I would have to say those rare times I'm able to get a mob of passive hobos that don't fail rp. Hobonation was a dream that just never took off. Aggressive RP was definately up there on my list, but I'm trying to avoid it as it ends up leading to me having to defend things in the courthouse, which just leads to the ugly side of me.

Added: Harassing the hell out of Ryan! every chance I get. It's personal, it doesn't make me a good person. I'm ashamed how much I enjoy harassing him.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Jerrycat
(01-08-2016, 05:21 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: We joined fearless around the same time, what do you miss from the old days?

Loaded question there. Yes and no. It's like when an older generation hippie talks about a simpler time. That would be the way I reflect on back then. In one hand, it was a better community, less toxic and hostile. In the other hand, we had about a quarter of the commands, less almost everything, and less ways to go about getting it. I do sorely miss my old friends.

When you look at the groupings of high hour players now vs back then, most of us were are our own islands. Then our friends either left or were permed. Now we are jumbled around, a LOT fewer in number, and are more willing to let go of the past transgressions so that at least we have people we are confident in.

Kula and Prosto for instance. We weren't always friends, but we were never really enemies either. Some days I would get textbook raided and feel sodomized, other days I was trying to get out of their house before they got home. Nowadays, I know them well enough to know that if I really needed to count on anyone for a potentially explosive aggressive event, I could definately count on them. Back in the day, if I asked, I probably would have gotten two AKs in my face, as I don't remember Galils being popular back in those days.
The following 3 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • MasterNoda, Prosto, Doctor KuLa
You taught me alot in 2012, from former administrator's point of view, how was aggressiveRP back then versus now?
In my opinion it has increased drastically and is basically now in "meta" to earn money, the aggressive way.

What do you think, will "meta" shift?
(01-08-2016, 06:34 AM)Viljo Wrote: You taught me alot in 2012, from former administrator's point of view, how was aggressiveRP back then versus now?
In my opinion it has increased drastically and is basically now in "meta" to earn money, the aggressive way.

What do you think, will "meta" shift?

It's different. Back in the day, you rarely saw violence spew out into the street unless it was an escape attempt. Hostages used to be used more frequently and they were regarded more seriously. Recently it seems that it is okay to attack people based on job, a formerly bannable offense. Criminal wasn't even a valid option for custom jobs back then, you had to have more class than that. You had to think a bit harder to get away with robbing someone, killing them was even harder. Now it's hard enough to get an admin to respond to these kinds of calls. Then you have the differences in staff from then to now which also helps shape up how it played out. Back then we had enforcer type admins like Ruxandra, who's only purpose in life was to catch and ban anyone who even minorly infracted on the rules. There was a degree of fear and respect towards the staff from older criminals. Only the smart ones were able to pull off a good raid with collateral damage and not be banned. Nowadays, unless you have an issue with a staff member, you can probably kill 2-3 people no problem. Even after I was demoted, I was still pulled into the UBRs because my spray from a shotgun collectively hit, not killed, 3-4 people whom some claimed non-involvement.

Then you have the different way old players did it verse new players. An old player was used to being robbed. We didn't complain to the staff when we were clipped by every single car. If you knew it was intentional, sure, but not every minor offense. If you got hostaged in the alley by Ludo, you rolled with it, you eventually are cut loose, then you would spend time trying to seek justice, tracking, roleplaying. Now it's cry cry cry, commit crime, win/lose, try more, win/lose, try more, get stopped by admin, provide excuses, continue, more admin sits, more crying. It's a joke. When you see the "hard" or "evil" crew, crying to an admin about how some other dude called him a name, it ruins your image of being a tough customer. Old Ludo, Enzyme, Kula, they wouldn't even think to call staff. They were plotting which root to prune your family tree, while draining your money out in the process and end up having you in jail by the end. Elaborate, well played, classy revenge. Not flag down superman to go get your randomly stolen car back.

I've watched as the meta was aggressive rp, to passive, to clan war, to random admin events, a gap, now we are on aggressive rp again. Since this place roles in cycles, and since passive night is no longer a thing, I will assume that passive night will return to try to kick off some passive theme based rps. Most themes tend to fall into what is popular, over the time I have seen apple stores, starbucks, baskin robbins. And at those times, all of those companies were influencing real world youth in some way, so I can only guess that the next stores will be of things like Occulus, Amazon, and probably some new resurante like Chipolte.

Hope that helps, I kind of had to interpret the term "meta" I assume you were talking about how FL rolls through these kicks of "blank" is the new popular cool way to play, that it goes through all the time.
hi how can I get unblacklisted for being a homophobe
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 5 users Like goigle!'s post:
  • Infernaw, Old Man Jokhah, Emil, Agorith, Nevy
(01-09-2016, 05:08 PM)Goigle Wrote: hi how can I get unblacklisted for being a homophobe

Well that would depend. You would have to take a look at the evidence presented against you. I assume that you said some word translating to gay and it offended someone. Which word and was it actually directed as an insult will definately effect your chances. Best way to beat those cases is to simply be honest about it. "Look, I got pissed and said that. I didn't mean it as anti-homosexual, it was just....". People instantly assume if I called you a cigarette, that I was instantly referring to a man who has relations with other men, even though the term for a cigarette is just as valid. Calling someone a cigarette under the thought that it is a cigarette is a way of telling someone that not only are they made of paper, they are cancerous and generally bad for people. Calling someone gay can also be interpreted as happy.

Now I'm not saying go in there and make up some bullshit definition as to why you said whatever you said, but those are some of the positions I have found people in. Also, which administrator you have to own up to will change the way it plays out. Take me for instance. If I was your admin, you'd know because I'd start you off with an insanely long ban (6mo-3yr) just so I know that if you are seriously interested in playing here, you'll post that UBR and not try to ride it out. Once I got you in the UBR, I would end up tearing everything you said apart and generally make you feel as though saying anything was a terrible idea. I would make you feel as small as I could, take your hope away. After I was sure that you got the message, I would point out that how you felt is exactly how you made the other person feel, then reduce or expire the ban.

Sexual misconducts, homophobia, racism, all ride in the same boat with me. Has to do with all the classes the military makes you take on the subject every other month it would seem. All of them have no place in a modern nor civilized society and as such shouldn't have any place here. Hope you found this semi useful. There is no exact playbook for how to win any case hands down, but your motives and emotions leading up to the punishment are what got you there, sort through those and if you are lucky, you can appeal to the human side of your specific staff member.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Agorith
I am sorry mate but this is kinda cringe. Lol

WHATS YOUR FAVORITE PET on fl
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
Favourite season of the year?

On a scale from 1 to banana, what colour is your favourite fruit of the alphabet?
The following 1 user Likes Emil's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
Midget, Pets have never been allowed during my time here. The ruling was that you could play a child or a pet so long as you had a playermodel to accompany it, which neither exists. So my favorite pet is none, in this case.

Emil2205, The constraint of 1 to banana indicates that I only have access to A and B of the actual alphabet. Seeing that banana's are my favorite fruit anyway, I suppose banana.

The purpose of this thread however it to answer questions primarily about the game. Sure, silly questions are cute, but you have to think about it beyond the jokes. Someone, someday, might look back at this thread with a question that could have been asked and answered, or they could be looking back and wondering why this thread bothered to continue with all of the wacky and unusual personal questions about my preferences and favorites.
IDk if its actually allowed to ask but why did you got demoted from moderator?
The following 1 user Likes DreeBott's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah