A new map in Evocity 2 server.
Star 
Changing Evocity 2 server's map

Description & Why
Hello everyone, Dorag here, and today I'd like to talk about The Evocity 2 Server Map
For long the map of FL has been Evocity v2d, later on an Evocity 2 server was opened for players who want a bigger map, and since then it kept a low player count for the map size.

The Environment of Evocity 2
The original Evocity v2d server is an essential which will never be changed due to the amount of players playing it and players who do not own Half life EP2 to run Evocity 2.
But the real reason for why the Evocity 2 server is failing is because of the maps size, you'll be surprised to see how many people will jump over to the Evocity 2 server if the map changes to a modified version of V2d which requires EP2.

The size of Evocity 2 killed it
This is the important part, when it comes to 50 players, we all know Evocity 2 is too big to fit in this amount of players and still be able to give a feel of a fairly full server, so Evocity_V33X is the perfect solution.
With a map a bit bigger than V2d but with much more in it, it would attract many people to come and play it.

So I would like to introduce you to Evocity_V33X

Evocity V33X - Basic Changes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Evocity v2d taken and enhanced with all the basic things needed for normal RP.
Evocity V33X is a modified version of V2d, it has the same size of Evocity v2d, with an extra chunk of land where the villas used to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rp_evocity_v33x00004.jpg]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The town consists of a new BP, AM-PM shop and a new bank area, the sidewalks are more orginized and the tunnels are well-lit so that citizens could be seen walking.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rp_evocity_v33x00022.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x00033.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0021.jpg]

The slums and the Nexus has been re-made, the slums now consists of more shops and studio appartments, and a park which can be used for many diffrent kinds of RP's,
the Nexus got a new elevator, lobby, and a working garage.

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x00082.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x00052.jpg]

Giga Computers, Metro Cafe, Flea Market, Cub foods, and all has been removed and changed to better more manageable stores, a clinic with a garage for ambulances and a reception desk, and a clothing shop with 2 stories.
[Image: rp_evocity_v33x00062.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v17x0009.jpg]

Where once was the teleport to the penthouse in Evocity v2d (behind the nexus) is now a club with 2 floors a DJ stand and a bar.
What used to be the UM is now a fully functional hospital with 3 floors and all kinds of rooms equipped with beds and tools.

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x00102.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0024.jpg]

KFC has now become Burger King, with a new functional drive through and a small openable window, the condemned house outside of town is now a closed garage with a small room in it, and the rebel spawn has been changed.
[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0019.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0086.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v17x0036.jpg]

The pool, radio station, and car agency company has been changed, the pool and radio station are now replaced with 2 big old wooden houses, the car agency has been enhanced, and the small apartments has been removed.
[Image: rp_evocity_v17x0038.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0072.jpg]

The Tides has been changed for a more appropriate look for a hotel

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0091.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0094.jpg]

The Outer parts of town
Next to the UM a new tunnel opened up leading out to a lush open area with the new Evocity lake and big comfortable villas.
[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0030.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0037.jpg]

A little bit further down the road there is a fenced villas complex containing 4 beautifully designed villas at a luxurious small neighborhood outside of town, and has a BP gas station nearby.
[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0050.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0044.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v17x0031.jpg]

Alongside the road where the bar used to be, is now a small hidden village with a church perfect for alot of different RP's.

[Image: rp_evocity_v17x0049.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v17x0044.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v17x0045.jpg]

The Industrial section of Evocity

A well-lit good looking tunnel with a sidewalk leading to a big area containing a big parking lot with a building next to it, 3 factories, the garbage burning facility, and other small settlements for Industrial RP.
[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0056.jpg]

[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0060.jpg]
[/size]
[Image: rp_evocity_v33x0067.jpg]

All in all
Evocity V33X might seem huge, but it gives us just the right amount of breathing space we need for a server such as FL.
Evocity V33X requires half life episode 2, but don't rule Evocity V33x out just because it does, better maps use more textures and EP2 costs under 10$.
Due to Evocity V33X being just the size we need with better buildings than Evocity v2d, players will have the freedom to choose between the two, I am certin that everyone who owns EP2 will go over to the Evocity V33X server since It's a better, modified version of V2d.
When players have more outer town areas, they have more places for themselves to be working together without anyone interrupting them, and if that place is occupied they can always go to another because that's what this map is about, giving more tools and places for the player to RP in.

I hope you take my suggestion into consideration, have a good day.

Downloading the map
Map: (Goes in Steam>*MySteamName*>Garrysmod>Garrysmod>Maps) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DLTTU1BL
Fix: (The evocityv33x folder Goes in Steam>*MySteamName*>Garrysmod>Garrysmod>Addons)
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=122036
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DOWNLOAD THE FIX AND PLACE IT IN ADDONS, A CLEAN INSTALL.
Well,now THAT is what's best for the server in my opinion....Amazing stuff..

Dorag - Good Job mate.

I hope you will take this suggestion into account and do something with it.
this wont happen on evo1 server
the main reason for players on evo1 instead of 2 is not having ep2
pretty much this ^. otherwise i would support. Besides i'm sure Soul would have changed the map by now if he thought it was a good idea and it wouldn't hurt the servers traffic. V2p gets so little traffic as it is already. I'm not gonna lie if evo1 got replaced with that map it would be incentive for me to buy hl ep2
The following 1 user Likes NiT GriT's post:
  • SilentGamer
I support this all the way, the only problem is that you need ep 2 for it, I will gladly buy it for this. Overall, nice presentation!
+Support
No matter how hard I have tried I have not been able to populate Evo2, I could only do it when an Event is taking place, on evo2 you never see anyone, it feels much like serious RP.

I support this, with the more smaller area people will be able to RP more and stay on the server longer.

+Support From Dryblood.
yer ignore my post above, I was on about replacing evo 1 not 2 :p

yer I think this would be better for evo2
Holy sheet, that map would take SeriousRP to all new heights seriously it is amazing.

Defently alot of support from Equalizer.

Thank you.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
A lot of support from me also. I would love to have more players on the server and this could maybe help.

Also good job making a nice suggestion instead of most of the shitty ones I've read the last weeks. This is much better!
The following 2 users Like StillAlive's post:
  • equal, SilentGamer
+ support

but i think it should replace 2p server instead of main server.
I am AlienFreak

[Image: signaturefj.gif]