Easy Double-accounting
Exclamation 
Title of Bug:
Double-accounting is way too easy.
Description:
During my sessions of playing on the fearless-rp servers I have become aware that a large multitude of people are in-fact double accounting to circumvent their bans. It has gotten to the point that people who get small bans just simply create another account just to be able to play.

As a player who writes around 10 ban reports every week, this has started to become a bit frustrating as the accused player simply create another account using steam-family sharing(I think that is what it is called, don't quote me on it though).

I have also heard from old admins and other staff members that the auto-ban system for double-accounting has been disabled and it has made it so that staff have to investigate themselves whether or not a player is using his alternative account on City-RP.

Anyhow, I have become aware of this due to the fact that people actually have shared the fact that they were double-accounting with me, most of which later have been banned for it.

The fact that I put effort into cleaning the servers up after a massive prop-chaos, at least for a couple of days forward, this has become an issue for me. As I feel like the bans(/ban reports) are no longer effective in achieving their goal.

I must admit I do not know why the auto-ban system was disabled, but I know it has had negative consequences.

Thank you for your time.
I believe it was ripped out of the system when the other community left.

Yup, sucks bigtime.
I'm pretty sure its not been taken out, unless I'm misinformed. They aren't instantly banned because the team need to verify its legit. Not to mention making a system to combat this id hard, people can easily get through with little effort.
It could be me who is misinformed Suarez, i just thought they said they removed it when they left. I cant be too sure of that though.
Some Staff members have told me that they have to manually ban people for double-accounting, unlike before where it was a auto-ban.
I don't know if it's still up, but I know that alot of players are double-accounting.
People that got perma banned 2+ times are still on Fearless.
With a few tricks you can double-account without paying any money and they most likely won't get cought.
(01-26-2017, 07:30 AM)Idea Wrote: I don't know if it's still up, but I know that alot of players are double-accounting.
People that got perma banned 2+ times are still on Fearless.
With a few tricks you can double-account without paying any money and they most likely won't get cought.

We do have a double account checker that I recently created, it works quite well: it caught people that we would never have guessed were double accounting due to having hundreds, nearly thousands of hours.

It's nearly impossible to remove all double accounting people from the server, but we are working on removing the majority of them.
Fixed/Closed

I hope Snow answered any questions you had.
[Image: unknown.png]