Fearlessrp.org
It's talking about corruption, as if this server is some kind of country. The fact is, this is a community.

This is a personal project created and run by Soulripper and if the admins would have done this for the money I really would not be able to play on this server as I think of all of the members including staff as my equals and they are here for the same reason as I am:

For the community, not the money!
The following 1 user Likes rand0m0mg's post:
  • Grunt
(12-29-2015, 12:25 AM)Audacter Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 11:53 PM)Huskii Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 10:57 PM)Grunt Wrote: I think it's more sad that the person who made this doesn't realise that FL is a creation that Soul founded and therefore has every right to collect all the royalties that come with that, such as the donation money.

The servers are still up and we get decent updates?

I honestly don't know how people have this much time on their hands to make websites to complain about a Garry's mod server!

To be honest though, the servers crash constantly.

Also, as you should know, a website with text on it would take minutes to make Wink Cheeki scrub

The crashing is usually due to Garry's Mods instability as FL is a heavy load on it.

Cider can be optimized a lot as it is still a pretty old gamemode. Many of the old systems still stands.

But yeah, Lua is singlethreaded, so there's also that which is slowing it down even more.
(12-28-2015, 01:44 PM)connbob Wrote: I'm sorry, but most of that is complete BS. If you've ever spoken to soul, he's not the type to command people to ddos.I just wanna know which admin it was Tounge

It was pretty much all the Admins, Mods etc. who had retired.

(12-28-2015, 02:20 PM)DVN Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 01:19 PM)Iac Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 01:09 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: Snip

Snip

Yeah the site is free speech, although it breaches copyright laws using the Fearless logo, and the URL itself is definitely way too similar to ours. May I also add that websites like these can actually be deemed as phishing sites or scams due to the effort taken to look awfully similar to ours using the logo, font and same text colours.

It's not about free speech, it's been created to mock and cause harm to the server with information that we cannot even stand by. I could have created that chat log and blocked up all those names and created a fake key, it's way too easy.

Stop being freaking zombies.

To say that Fearless doesn't actually have fully legal copyright on its logo nor it's art what it shows(if it does, it actually has to be stated). I'm not on the side of these people who made the website, but it's allowed. A phishing site is when it tries to steal information etc - that website isn't.
[Image: vAqj71r.png]
(12-28-2015, 10:57 PM)Grunt Wrote: I think it's more sad that the person who made this doesn't realise that FL is a creation that Soul founded and therefore has every right to collect all the royalties that come with that, such as the donation money.

I honestly don't know how people have this much time on their hands to make websites to complain about a Garry's mod server!

Tax evasion is illegal.

Js.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 3 users Like Falcon's post:
  • -Reece-, Prosto, Tawee
(12-29-2015, 05:04 AM)Falcon Wrote:

Tax evasion is illegal.

Js.

Depends what status Fearless has in terms of a business, in the Netherlands, donations can be tax free or reduced if the organisation is on the ANBI.

Wether or not the owner does tax evade has got nothing to do with us and is down to the authorities to deal with.

In this day and age, especially in counties like the UK where it's a very large problem, tax evasion is on the rise, but I really don't think this is a place to debate politics Wink
Sadly I think it's all true to be honest. Please don't reply and start a war.
(12-29-2015, 04:37 AM)Suarez Wrote: ...being inside the staff team...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

On-topic (Even though this is in the off-topic section but whatever):
(12-29-2015, 04:37 AM)-Reece- Wrote: It was pretty much all the Admins, Mods etc. who had retired.

I had no involvement in the creation of this website lad.

Either way, this is all recycled drama and there is no need for it, there will always be two sides to this story and people will stick to them.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 2 users Like Zecon's post:
  • mgdwszx, Adamantite
If you contribute to a community without payment, you can't just come back and ask for it.
Countless of people throughout the years have helped building up FL. Staff members and developers.
If you're not offered a payment in the beginning of your task, don't expect to earn anything afterwards.

Quit being such babies and focus on what really matters in your lives, instead of being caught up in virtual drama 24/7.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 5 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Grunt, Gog, Ghost, MasterNoda
(12-29-2015, 12:34 PM)Infernaw Wrote: If you contribute to a community without payment, you can't just come back and ask for it.
Countless of people throughout the years have helped building up FL. Staff members and developers.
If you're not offered a payment in the beginning of your task, don't expect to earn anything afterwards.

Quit being such babies and focus on what really matters in your lives, instead of being caught up in virtual drama 24/7.

I thought it wasn't an issue with admins getting paid, but with donations being pocketed instead of being used for the server.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 1 user Likes Doctor Internet's post:
  • Dolla
(12-29-2015, 04:37 AM)-Reece- Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 01:44 PM)connbob Wrote: I'm sorry, but most of that is complete BS. If you've ever spoken to soul, he's not the type to command people to ddos.I just wanna know which admin it was Tounge

It was pretty much all the Admins, Mods etc. who had retired.

(12-28-2015, 02:20 PM)DVN Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 01:19 PM)Iac Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 01:09 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: Snip

Snip

Yeah the site is free speech, although it breaches copyright laws using the Fearless logo, and the URL itself is definitely way too similar to ours. May I also add that websites like these can actually be deemed as phishing sites or scams due to the effort taken to look awfully similar to ours using the logo, font and same text colours.

It's not about free speech, it's been created to mock and cause harm to the server with information that we cannot even stand by. I could have created that chat log and blocked up all those names and created a fake key, it's way too easy.

Stop being freaking zombies.

To say that Fearless doesn't actually have fully legal copyright on its logo nor it's art what it shows(if it does, it actually has to be stated). I'm not on the side of these people who made the website, but it's allowed. A phishing site is when it tries to steal information etc - that website isn't.

^^, copyright actually covers only usage of material if a profit is being made.

For example, you can write your own lil short story about a romance between Princess Leia and Han Solo and put it on the internet for everyone to read, and it isn't a breach of copyright, however as soon as you start making some form of gain such as publicity or profit from the usage of their material then it becomes illegal. The work has to be 'published' effectively, to be illegal
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 2 users Like Nuka's post:
  • Grunt, Adamantite