Jail AFK kick bug
Title of Bug: Jail AFK kick bug

Description: I was for 15 minutes in jail some time ago, And i got kicked for being AFK. I wasnt afk though, I was typing in occ and talking through the sentence but i got kicked in the end.

Maybe you should add typing to the afk kick filter? When i relogged i had to sit the 15 minutes over again and no admin or helper really cared about it so ive sit 15 minutes for nothing
Accepted Ban Requests: (12)
67877 , 67875, 67874 , 67873 , 68294 , 68293 , 68292 , 68291 , 68405 , 68663 , 68994 , 72913 , 
Denied Ban Requests: (1)
The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem's post:
  • Brikaas
I agree on that this Is a seriouse problem.
People mostly go AFK when being jailed for 5 mins or longer, and I dont blame them as Its the perfect time to grab a drink and relax.
But Its annoying to find out that you are kicked for AFK even when you are being jailed.

And you'll find out that your jail timer got reset when you rejoined altough It shouldn't.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
The following 2 users Like Brikaas's post:
  • Edned, CarpeDiem
The Anti AFK feature is there for a reason. If we were to allow typing to bypass it then everyone would just be able to hit Y or whatever their chat key is and sit there AFK for hours.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
The following 1 user Likes NightHawkd's post:
  • Grunt
(12-25-2015, 11:34 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: The Anti AFK feature is there for a reason. If we were to allow typing to bypass it then everyone would just be able to hit Y or whatever their chat key is and sit there AFK for hours.

Thats one way to view it. But, New players wont know this. Like me. Theres not a big billboard saying ''TYPING IS NOT IN THE ANTI-AFK FILTER!''

And ur saying u can just hit y every once in a while, But i can hit W every once in a while too. theres no difference.
Accepted Ban Requests: (12)
67877 , 67875, 67874 , 67873 , 68294 , 68293 , 68292 , 68291 , 68405 , 68663 , 68994 , 72913 , 
Denied Ban Requests: (1)
(12-25-2015, 01:45 PM)CarpeDiem Wrote:
(12-25-2015, 11:34 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: The Anti AFK feature is there for a reason. If we were to allow typing to bypass it then everyone would just be able to hit Y or whatever their chat key is and sit there AFK for hours.

Thats one way to view it. But, New players wont know this. Like me. Theres not a big billboard saying ''TYPING IS NOT IN THE ANTI-AFK FILTER!''

And ur saying u can just hit y every once in a while, But i can hit W every once in a while too. theres no difference.

There should be no way of bypassing the AFK system, the system detects movement and so does players and staff. Meaning the only way to bypass the system is by doing various commands in the console that makes your character move repeatedly, which can be easily detected by staff/players.

On the other hand there should be a way of bypassing the system when in jail, since there is a log on when you get arrested and there is a lua string for it also. That lua string should make the afk system go on for 16 minutes etc, and that should prevent users from being kicked for afk.
The following 1 user Likes rand0m0mg's post:
  • CarpeDiem

Good point.

Perhaps a way around that would be to make it so that if your text box is open for say, 5 mins. constantly, then that also registers as AFK and the console would then kick you.

OT: Yes I agree that the AFK timer is annoying if you're standing still or sitting in a chair. I was president once making laws and using the radio all whilst sitting in a chair and was shocked when I got kicked for AFK which is when I realised it's based on movement. Now myself and most players just do a quick bunny hop out the chair and back in to keep the blood pumping Wink
Fixed/Closed
[Image: unknown.png]