[FR] Photon
Description: Currently the server uses VCMod ELS for emergency vehicle lighting (an addon to VCMod). I say we add Photon onto our current cars (the crown vic we use already has photon support) because it is a far superior light system. It allows for rotating lights (which is not in VCMod) and also has traffic advisors and the method for switching lights is much more effective. There also isn't stupid input lag (ever notice in the settings how VCMod lets you set how long you have to hold a key to do something? Photon doesn't have that).
Additionally, you can turn on your spotlight, alley lights and takedown lights independently (rather than VCMod's illuminate mode which has all your car's white lights on and is painful too look at) and while the other lights are on (so if you're doing a traffic stop you can keep your other lights on but also have your takedowns on like a real cop would). Takedowns are used to make it harder for people in the car in front of you to see you. The lights in photon actually project light (unlike the absolutely useless illuminate function in vcmod) as seen in the last photos of the album. This means that police can really use the alley lights at night to look for suspects or the spotlight to project light.

Cars that support it also have a traffic advisor. This is an amber strip of lights in the back of the car used to direct traffic in a safe manner. This would be used at car crashes and traffic stops to let people know which way to go around the vehicle, especially if weather/light conditions make the road hard to see. In VCmod there is no way (that I have seen) to do this and keep the car's main emergency lights on.
The lights also have a proper Code 3 function where the head and tail light wig wag is enabled (alternating one light on and off, look at the picture album), making it clear for cars in front of them that they're not being pulled over and they need to get off the road. This is more helpful than VCmod's caution and high priority that are on the server as both are used to pull people over and many people like to run from the police on the server.
Here's an album of images featuring the cars with the lights (note: Photon is just the lighting system and that's what this suggestion is about right now, I would on the other hand like to see more updated police cars on the server)
http://imgur.com/a/SuNql
Why:
More immersive cop RP,
better tools for cops,
higher quality sirens,
lets cops use takedown/alley lights with other lights and without being blinding,
a single button to set lights to highest priority and turn on siren,
allows a clear distinction for when people are being pulled over and when the car needs to get by them,
actual functioning spotlight ( you can kind of see it in the picture, but at night time on the servers it would be amazing),
Photon is free,
Photon will not break VCMod and VCMod ELS,
less confusing for new players,
anyone who wants to have a fix to /copcar: Photon can be configured to spawn props (including lights) onto cars in a lagless manner which would be amazing for undercover cars (without adding to download time),
Photon could reduce the content size needed for police vehicles (no more civilian + cop versions: just one),
the manual siren button will elevate to yelp when on wail (something vcmod does not do),

Note: Photon is just for lights, it is not a car mod in itself

The features aren't required either. If someone doesn't want to go in depth with cop RP, they can just press a single button and respond to a scene. It is also less confusing for new players because the default Photon binds do not conflict with the gamemode's binds (like VCMod's right / left click to mess with sirens and lights) and photon prints information on how to view the binds in chat for the player to see.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 2 users Like goigle!'s post:
  • JunkyGardai, TheSiphon
(the reason I made a new suggestion after previous one was declined is because of the changes in administration and developers)

I also have experience setting photon up on servers and could assist in any implementation necessary
+Support
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
+support, I thought we were using this already?

I love the developer, he's like

"Several people have suggested selling this script. While I am sincerely humbled and appreciate their thoughts, I think it would go against the spirit of creativity. Seeing people, use, share and modify my work is worth more to me than I would get out of selling something because there is a market.

If you have money that you wish to spend on this, please consider donating it to one of my favorite charities instead:

American Red Cross[www.redcross.org]
Brain and Behavior Research Foundation[bbrfoundation.org]
Autism Speaks[www.autismspeaks.org]

Photon is not a job nor a stepping stone, it's a product of my collective passions. I work a day job and come home to do something I truly enjoy. Money is an unfortunate requirement for people, but Photon is powered with love, not profit.

If you truly enjoy Photon, the greatest thanks to me would be for you to help those less fortunate in your own community."
Kind Regards
Lucifer, your private demon.
The following 1 user Likes Demonic's post:
  • Envy
You can disable the hold key to activate on VCMod by unchecking the box next to the duration.

I like photon but there is a learning curve. As long as I don't have to use photon's default binds I would be ok with the implementation of photon.

+/- Support
+Support
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
(12-11-2015, 11:49 AM)Hitman Wrote: You can disable the hold key to activate on VCMod by unchecking the box next to the duration.

That doesn't work for me :-/
also from Photon's workshop page:
Quote:ALL CONTROLS ARE ADJUSTABLE IN-GAME IN THE UTILITIES MENU
(12-11-2015, 03:07 PM)Goigle Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 11:49 AM)Hitman Wrote: You can disable the hold key to activate on VCMod by unchecking the box next to the duration.

That doesn't work for me Nervous
also from Photon's workshop page:
Quote:ALL CONTROLS ARE ADJUSTABLE IN-GAME IN THE UTILITIES MENU

Then I amend my response to a 

+Support
+support for photon, I think as an ELS there is a lot more functionality
[Image: giphy.gif]
+support