Bad thing?
Right guy's, I decided this is the best place to put it.
I'm kind of a new driver, recently got my license about 4-5months ago.

Having driven around I haven't actually been in any accidents or crashed into anything, until today.

Basically, about 10minutes ago, I was driving home from a hard day of training at work, when I felt two un-peculiar bumps on my car, having looken back in my side mirror I saw something scrattling on the floor, kicking it's feet and basically trying to move.
At first I thought it was a bird, but noticed it's little tail.

I ran over a cat. It's the feeling of the car actually bumping over it that caught me.
I'd of stopped but having actually ran over something in public and some viewers were observing me doing so, I felt afraid doing so.

I think the cat is seriously injured and well, looking back at it I wished I stopped.
I'm not much of a cat lover, but that one hit me and the impact it'll have on it's owners.
Any advice on what I should do?

Flame me if you like, I feel kinda bad as it is!

I didn't deliberately run over it as the road was clear, it ran into the car, but really fast.

Well, first off I'll just say that as much as I love cats, and own one myself, they are damned idiots. Seriously, they're fucking stupid. They'll spend all day sitting or lying in the middle of roads in the shade where you can't see them, or zoom out in front of a car, so it wasn't your fault - Cats are ponces in that respect.

But as for stopping, yeah, you probably should have stopped. Don't worry, I'm not flaming your or trying to lecture you, just advise. Firstly, some people are law-crazy, and may even report your license to your police if you don't stop.. So stopping gets rid of that risk. Also it lets you help the cat and if necessary talk to the owners - They may rage the fuck out of you, but at least you'll feel good at the end that you tried to do a good think and stand up take the blame for your mistake.

Anyway, don't feel bad - Pretty much almost certainly it was the cats fault.. I love em, but they're idiots..
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • equal
The worst part is you doing absolutely bugger-all about it. What would Morissey say?

Anyway, onlookers may have called the RSPCA, or whatever animal hospital your country has. The mog's probably recovering as we speak.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
You will be more haten by the owners if you don't call the animal rescue.

And btw:
I though in holland when you driving and theirs a cat on the road and you stop for the cat your a law breaker.
You make other people in danger or something ?
Yeah, I live in the UK.
I've just been back up there and the cat is gone, no sign of an actual crash with the cat but at the time of the incident it actually seemed like I injured the cat.

My emotions took over me at the time, I felt lost, sudden embarrassment and like most anxious to actually stop.
And I was going less then the speed limit in that area, 26mph. I honestly didn't see the cat until I actually collided with it and saw it in my wind mirror, but yeah I was afraid of the actual consequences.
You wouldn't think this of a army brat like myself, but my emotions literally took place and I had no other option except keep driving and think like nothing happened.
But at the end I decided to go back and check if it was alright and it wasn't there so hopefully, fingers crossed, it's alright!
If the cat is gone, either it's been taken to an animal hospital, or it managed to get away by itself. Either way, it's doing better.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles