Admins/mods ignoring me.
(11-10-2015, 05:00 PM)Tomo Wrote: Before I was mod I always thought, "Why don't they respond? There can't be that many calls". You don't actually realise how many calls come through. I was actually shocked how many. Often, situations don't just last a few seconds either, you could be there for over 5 minutes sometimes, trying to sort out an issue, whether it be talking to everyone involved or checking logs. In that time another 10+ calls have come through.

Also, I personally prioritise calls in order of urgency. For example if two calls come through, one being "I just got randomly arrested" and the other being "There is a guy mass propkilling everyone here!", we are obviously going to go to the more urgent one first (mass propkilling). I know we say it all the time but you really do need to be patient. We are only human Tounge

You raise some very good points, but if there is 4 - 5 different mods on why cannot a second be sacrificed to notify informative @ calls to tell them "We will be there as soon as we can." or something along the lines of that?

I don't doubt you are not doing your hardest, but are you really implying there are literally so many @ calls that you simply do not have time to inform the caller? Is it a capacity issue or could there be more effort without pushing away the ability to have fun as a staff member too? <-- (I am thinking of actually having the possibility to play the game)
What is your opinion on this?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Mist
With the addition of Skummet and Avgar to the moderator team, you should hopefully be helped more frequent in the future Smile.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
The following 1 user Likes Ali's post:
  • Tomo
I think if your lucky and your there at the right time in the right space, you can call in with a successful reply. However, it may increase your chances if it's a fully developed report. For example you don't want to write this - "OMG PLS HELP ME, ADMIN TO ME" but instead right this " There is a prop minge on (whatever street) they are masspropkilling people. There is also a backseat admin handcuffing the prop minge. If you could come help that would be great." (<- Not sure if that would fit...) So yeah, I think that's the way.
(11-13-2015, 08:00 AM)SlitherySnake Wrote: I think if your lucky and your there at the right time in the right space, you can call in with a successful reply. However, it may increase your chances if it's a fully developed report. For example you don't want to write this - "OMG PLS HELP ME, ADMIN TO ME" but instead right this " There is a prop minge on (whatever street) they are masspropkilling people. There is also a backseat admin handcuffing the prop minge. If you could come help that would be great." (<- Not sure if that would fit...) So yeah, I think that's the way.

That would fit, definitely.
It helps greatly to know as much information about a certain situation as possible. Once a mod/admin teleports to respond it's much easier to get their bearings if they know which location/which player/which rule break to look out for.
The more precisely you write out the issue in @ the higher priority it gains (with exceptions, of course) in scope of multiple requests. If I receive two consecutive calls for FailRP, for example, I will check out the one that is more informative and therefore smoother to deal with first.
The following 2 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Rylund, Hitman
(11-10-2015, 09:43 PM)Midget Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 05:00 PM)Tomo Wrote: Before I was mod I always thought, "Why don't they respond? There can't be that many calls". You don't actually realise how many calls come through. I was actually shocked how many. Often, situations don't just last a few seconds either, you could be there for over 5 minutes sometimes, trying to sort out an issue, whether it be talking to everyone involved or checking logs. In that time another 10+ calls have come through.

Also, I personally prioritise calls in order of urgency. For example if two calls come through, one being "I just got randomly arrested" and the other being "There is a guy mass propkilling everyone here!", we are obviously going to go to the more urgent one first (mass propkilling). I know we say it all the time but you really do need to be patient. We are only human Tounge

You raise some very good points, but if there is 4 - 5 different mods on why cannot a second be sacrificed to notify informative @ calls to tell them "We will be there as soon as we can." or something along the lines of that?

I don't doubt you are not doing your hardest, but are you really implying there are literally so many @ calls that you simply do not have time to inform the caller? Is it a capacity issue or could there be more effort without pushing away the ability to have fun as a staff member too? <-- (I am thinking of actually having the possibility to play the game)
What is your opinion on this?

How strange that every single staff member whines about calls, when I, even as a mod could take care of one server (usually v2p and v33x) without any difficulties whatsoever. And if it's SOO busy just PM the person waiting for you that you have acknowledged him/her, else the player will just build up anger and frustration because he/she thinks you're ignoring calls.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 4 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Haarek, Doctor KuLa, , snapsi321
Infernaw has a good point, I personally think it's all about making the user aware that someone is listening, and someone can see their issue. Waiting without a response, and then checking the tab menu to see a fully functional team online can get frustrating, even for me when I am fully aware you could be busy. Simple PM's go a long way, and take a matter of seconds to say 'Call acknowledged, I'll respond as soon as I can!'