FearRP Explanation
Unwritten rules need to stop being enforced, and users should stop being scared to 'brake' these invisible rules, it's rather annoying. I have to say I totally agree with Dan on this one, it's a little stupid and maybe the whole rule should be revamped and cater for different scenarios.
The following 4 users Like DVN's post:
  • Coded Brain, aDisabledDeer, Grunt,
In my eyes, if the shooter does not have the intention of killing you, you follow fearRP, if you get shot.
(09-22-2015, 10:57 AM)FEaRIeZz Wrote: In my eyes, if the shooter does not have the intention of killing you, you follow fearRP, if you get shot.

There's no way to really tell if the person intends on killing you or not, by the time you figure out your most likely dead..
Well.. That video there is a clear violation of FearRP in my eyes from what I have seen, but it all depends on how you assaulted him.

My view on this is only if they shoot the hostage etc then it does not apply, but people seem to be taking it as "You punched me fearRP no longer applies" If they shoot you, you would be scared for your life and make frantic decisions, hence some people would get up and sprint to save themselves, others would be too scared. But being punched isn't enough for you to be scared for your life when they also have guns to you.

So to sum it up, they'd have to seriously harm you for FearRP to be off.
The following 4 users Like Falc's post:
  • Coded Brain, SourLemon, aDisabledDeer, Grunt
(09-22-2015, 12:32 PM)Falcao Wrote: Well.. That video there is a clear violation of FearRP in my eyes from what I have seen, but it all depends on how you assaulted him.

My view on this is only if they shoot the hostage etc then it does not apply, but people seem to be taking it as "You punched me fearRP no longer applies" If they shoot you, you would be scared for your life and make frantic decisions, hence some people would get up and sprint to save themselves, others would be too scared. But being punched isn't enough for you to be scared for your life when they also have guns to you.

So to sum it up, they'd have to seriously harm you for FearRP to be off.

I'll tell you how it went. 
We got reports of armed men at the MTL compound so we responded. When we arrived, sure enough. We went to the very back of the compound and climbed on our cars to reach over the wall. They had no idea we were there. Myself and another agent tranqed Hitman and another armed person. After that we immediately ran into the compound to detain the suspects. Nighthawk was still up with a weapon, but was soon tranqed with the rest. All were lined up against a wall and were talked to by Goigle and the other agents as I went to go get my car which was over the wall on the other side of the compound.  When I was gone I learned Hitman was hit in the head with bat once only knocking him out. He was fine after that. When we tried to get him into the car he ran straight out of the compound and that is where the video starts. The weapon that I was holding at him was way more life-threatening than the bat that he was hit with. 
Now that you guys mention it, it looks like a breakage of rule 1.11 also.
Thank you for your input, Fearless.
I can see why this was posted. It would definitely annoy me. I think that because Hitman was tied up, he should be under FearRP constantly. Now, if he had a friend RPing with him who watched him get assaulted or if Hitman managed to find a way of telling them, then the friend would be able to fire due to their associate (Hitman) having been assaulted.

Thanks for reading.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Coded Brain
(09-22-2015, 11:12 AM)DVN Wrote:
(09-22-2015, 10:57 AM)FEaRIeZz Wrote: In my eyes, if the shooter does not have the intention of killing you, you follow fearRP, if you get shot.

There's no way to really tell if the person intends on killing you or not, by the time you figure out your most likely dead..

I'm assuming what he means is if someone shoots in the air to scare people or something, anything where the shots are not directly at you
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  • DVN
Alright while it looks like he was breaking fearRP, yes i know it looks like it, what you failed to tell them Dan is that it was either you or your group that originally hit him with a baseball bat (which may I say you had no reason to do so). After being knocked out he decided to run for his life as he was scared you would either A: Hit him again or B: kill him. You also forgot to mention or even record that bit as well as how you were being "hostile" towards us in the first place. As well once a cop came up and tazed him he immediately stopped.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
(09-22-2015, 02:31 PM)NightHawkd Wrote: After being knocked out he decided to run for his life as he was scared you would either A: Hit him again or B: kill him.

This would make sense if Dan was chasing him with a bat.. He used a gun, and therefore he should have probably stopped.
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • Coded Brain, aDisabledDeer
We are also currently working on the unwritten rules issue :)
The following 4 users Like Suarez's post:
  • JackZ, aDisabledDeer, goigle!, RIC0H