Poll: Is it unfair if an Admin/Moderator uses noclip or their propgun to free themselves or ther friends during a raid?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Unfair
66.67%
4 66.67%
Just
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Anyone think its unfair that admins can use noclip to free themselves during a raid?
Hey, I made an admin abuse post a month ago that showed that an admin was using noclip and his admin prop gun to unstick themselves from a world prop while raiding me and it got denied earlier today, anyone else think its unfair that they can use admin powers to aid themselves in raiding?

Here is a link to the post which has been denied and closed: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=63894

I just find it weird that they can use noclip to free themselves and their friends when raiding a person, it even says in this post: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=63609 that "Using noclip or teleport to help some friends in a raid." is considered admin abuse.

Anyone have any thoughts on this topic?

EDIT: He said that he used his admin powers to free himself and his friend
Zerdrick: "Although you may get stuck at these times you do not get stuck to the point that you need to use your physgun or other admin abilities to "unstuck" yourself."
Nighthawkd: "Yes I do. Myself nor Hitman could move at all therefore I had to use my staff powers help those that were stuck to get them free."
It is different if we are using it to an advantage.I was not using for an advantage. HE and I were both getting stuck so of course I, as a staff member, am going to help. You know that I placed both myself and Hitman both on the truck each time I unstuck us. So I was not using to my advantage. I would have done the exact same had someone sent in an @ call saying that they were stuck.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
(09-20-2015, 09:10 PM)NightHawkd Wrote: It is different if we are using it to an advantage.I was not using for an advantage. HE and I were both getting stuck so of course I, as a staff member, am going to help. You know that I placed both myself and Hitman both on the truck each time I unstuck us. So I was not using to my advantage. I would have done the exact same had someone sent in an @ call saying that they were stuck.

An average person could not have just free'd themselves so why not make it that if an admin is raiding someone and gets stuck they cannot use their powers to unstuck themselves and instead have to do what anyone else would have had to do and use and @ call? Being able to free yourself and not having to wait for an @ call response (For however many times you got stuck) definitely gave you an advantage. The rule I referenced says that you cannot use no clip during a raid so why was it ok for you to use it here?
How does that make sense? If you got stuck in a world prop you would call a staff member to move you, instead the staff members have the ability to move themselves from the position they where stuck in.

1. They wouldn't call another admin, because that is a huge waste of time.
2. I saw the abuse report and he didn't exactly gain access to the base using his powers, he used the powers to unstick himself and jumped over.
(09-20-2015, 10:20 PM)DVN Wrote: How does that make sense? If you got stuck in a world prop you would call a staff member to move you, instead the staff members have the ability to move themselves from the position they where stuck in.

1. They wouldn't call another admin, because that is a huge waste of time.
2. I saw the abuse report and he didn't exactly gain access to the base using his powers, he used the powers to unstick himself and jumped over.

The rule I referenced in my post says that "Using noclip or teleport to help some friends in a raid." is considered Admin Abuse. I agree if he was stuck in the Nexus or somewhere that it would be fair to free himself, but during a raid he is not allowed to use noclip to free himself because it gave him an unfair aggressive advantage. An Admin or Moderator should not be allowed to do anything during a raid that a regular player cannot.

1. "They wouldn't call another admin, because that is a huge waste of time."

In this amount of time we could have better defended ourselves and we would have been more prepared for the raid. If it had been any other player (Non Moderator/Admin) they would have had to wait this amount of time.

2. "saw the abuse report and he didn't exactly gain access to the base using his powers, he used the powers to unstick himself and jumped over."

There was not hard evidence of him using phys gun to unweld our prop, but all suggested evidence lead to this being true.
No it did not lead to this being true or it would not have been denied. Even if your prop was welded and frozen I could not have undone the welds. You can stop pulling up the admin abuse case as it has no true valid point to this. A admin or mod are allowed to free themselves, using no clip, from being stuck inside of something just like we would do for any normal player if they sent in an @ call saying that they were stuck. We asre not abusing our powers or having an unfair advantage.

(09-21-2015, 12:29 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: No it did not lead to this being true or it would not have been denied. Even if your prop was welded and frozen I could not have undone the welds. You can stop pulling up the admin abuse case as it has no true valid point to this. A admin or mod are allowed to free themselves, using no clip, from being stuck inside of something just like we would do for any normal player if they sent in an @ call saying that they were stuck. We asre not abusing our powers or having an unfair advantage.

"No it did not lead to this being true or it would not have been denied. Even if your prop was welded and frozen I could not have undone the welds."

If you cannot undo welds with your admin physgun then this statement is invalid but this is the response I gave to Hitman to explain why we think you unwelded the wall making it fall over. "Also as you said yourself you are stuck in the wall that's why he used the prop gun to get you out so at that means that the wall at that point was frozen. As you can see later in the video when I leave to go back to my base and then come back all of the sudden I can move the prop with my character. I was the only one with access to the prop and you can see during the video that I do not touch it with my phys gun."
(I did not say that I had evidence of you using it but I did say that I had very compelling "suggested evidence")

"You can stop pulling up the admin abuse case as it has no true valid point to this."

The only time I have brought it up in this post was in the main post and that was purely for contexts sake, DVN brought up the abuse report and I commented on it.

"A admin or mod are allowed to free themselves, using no clip, from being stuck inside of something just like we would do for any normal player if they sent in an @ call saying that they were stuck. We asre not abusing our powers or having an unfair advantage."

I feel that my response to DVN would apply here.

Quote:The rule I referenced in my post says that "Using noclip or teleport to help some friends in a raid." is considered Admin Abuse. I agree if he was stuck in the Nexus or somewhere that it would be fair to free himself, but during a raid he is not allowed to use noclip to free himself because it gave him an unfair aggressive advantage. An Admin or Moderator should not be allowed to do anything during a raid that a regular player cannot.

In this amount of time we could have better defended ourselves and we would have been more prepared for the raid. If it had been any other player (Non Moderator/Admin) they would have had to wait this amount of time.

-My response to DVN
Again it did not give me an unfair advantage as I would have done this for anyone that had sent in an @ call saying they were stuck. I did not use it to gain access to your base or to put myself somewhere that was easier to get into your base. I put myself in the same position each time. So it is not unfair at all.

(09-21-2015, 02:49 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: Again it did not give me an unfair advantage as I would have done this for anyone that had sent in an @ call saying they were stuck. I did not use it to gain access to your base or to put myself somewhere that was easier to get into your base. I put myself in the same position each time. So it is not unfair at all.

I feel that my response to DVN would apply here.

Quote:The rule I referenced in my post says that "Using noclip or teleport to help some friends in a raid." is considered Admin Abuse. I agree if he was stuck in the Nexus or somewhere that it would be fair to free himself, but during a raid he is not allowed to use noclip to free himself because it gave him an unfair aggressive advantage. An Admin or Moderator should not be allowed to do anything during a raid that a regular player cannot.

-My response to DVN
You keep referencing that you gain an advantage by doing this. You do gain an advantage (My response above). and the specific thing I am referencing has nothing to do with gaining an advantage, you do not need to have even gained an advantage for this rule to apply to you, all you need to do is to use noclip while helping your friend raid which you did several times.

You follow exactly these two things:

1. You helped your friend during a raid
2. You used noclip while doing this

how does that not apply to this rule that was written by Soulripper "Using noclip or teleport to help some friends in a raid." ?
When he said that it means as in no clipping over something using no clip in a way in which gives me a clear advantage in a raid. Which this wasn't giving me any advantage in a raid other then not having to wait to not get unstuck. I was not using my powers in a way which it caused me to havea aggressive advantage in anyway shape or form. I did not use it to get over your fence/wall nor did I use it to get onto your fence/wall. What you are basing this off of (and never even thought of making this until this happened) is the abuse case you put up against me and had denied.