Why is rapeRP bannable:
RapeRP is not allowed because many people do not agree with it, it's promoting aggressive roleplay which many of us do not like because it can cause people to break many rules.
Truly, it's disgusting, even the thought. There are many reasons why it is banned in nearly all countries, and role-playing it at Fearless is not tolerated whatsoever. Not one single aspect of it is fun, positive, etc.
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
Edned (I do not know how to quote another), normally for rape to even take place in a roleplay, both would have to agree to it OOCly; in fact, that is actually how roleplay works. I do not have an interest in it, but I have spoken to both males and females who revealed that they actually have a fantasy for it. Note, fantasy: It means that they like the theme to a willing level, but they would never want to experience it unwillingly. I cannot change people's fantasy, no one can, and no one should.

Besides, if people breaking rules is your first concern, then something has obviously gone wrong. Rulebreakers is the last thing to watch out for, when it gets to actual RP.
There was a player (not giving name) on this community who got raped. I imagine that wouldn't be so nice if it happened in-game as well, since she/he knows how that felt and is trying to forget about it. That's my view on RapeRP. If you experience it IRL, you don't want to be remembering about it in-game as well.
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Pear's post:
  • Sasquatchooo
(08-24-2015, 11:22 AM)Pear Wrote: There was a player (not giving name) on this community who got raped. I imagine that wouldn't be so nice if it happened in-game as well, since she/he knows how that felt and is trying to forget about it. That's my view on RapeRP. If you experience it IRL, you don't want to be remembering about it in-game as well.

This.
Players should not feel uncomfortable in the community, that's why RapeRP and such are bannable offense.
The following 1 user Likes Viljo's post:
  • Sasquatchooo
To be honest, I wouldn't see a problem with almost any roleplay if both (or more) parties agree to it. As many of you know, things like rape and other things deemed taboo or socially unacceptable are fantasies for people. Usually fantasies, full stop. This meaning rarely do people act it out, or if they do it'd be consensual.

I wouldn't say it's anything to do with age. Young children should know about crime (including rape) and to avoid it. Maybe not in detail, but subliminally in the sense of "stranger danger".

It's probably more to do with people. Some people just don't get affected by seeing horrible things as much as others do. There's nothing wrong with that.

However, I don't think these types of roleplay should be spontaneous roleplays.

(08-24-2015, 10:31 AM)Edned Wrote: RapeRP is not allowed because many people do not agree with it, it's promoting aggressive roleplay which many of us do not like because it can cause people to break many rules.
Truly, it's disgusting, even the thought. There are many reasons why it is banned in nearly all countries, and role-playing it at Fearless is not tolerated whatsoever. Not one single aspect of it is fun, positive, etc.

As I (and Zyphix) have said, people do have fantasies for this type of stuff which obviously errs on the consensual side, however can still be felt or perceived as rape by the individual. So I would have to disagree with you on this level. I also fail to see how it promotes aggressive roleplay when one is able to kill (which, many people are - by principal - against), torture (a violation of one's human rights) and many other, quite frankly, "disgusting" things.
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • Villain, Zyphix
Utterly disgusts me if you want to bring it back. It is just teaching people sexual abuse on the Internet. It is illegal in real life so why bring it into RP? Disgusting.
RapeRP should be allowed, enhances my RP greatly.
(08-24-2015, 09:26 PM)FEaRIeZz Wrote: RapeRP should be allowed, enhances my RP greatly.

It does not enhance. It ruins. Imagine in the slums someone is getting raped and you look at it. Makes me vomit.
(08-24-2015, 09:26 PM)FEaRIeZz Wrote: RapeRP should be allowed, enhances my RP greatly.

Well, it's a shame for you that your requirements for enhanced RP will never be permitted Smile
(08-24-2015, 09:18 PM)Riceman? Wrote: Utterly disgusts me if you want to bring it back. It is just teaching people sexual abuse on the Internet. It is illegal in real life so why bring it into RP? Disgusting.

So is murder? So is CDM? So are half the things people do on the server. Is gunning someone down not disgusting as well? By your logic FPS shouldn't even be a genre, since killing someone IRL is disgusting. I was banned for RapeRP once. It wasn't rape as in I found a player, held them to gunpoint and did some weird /me shit... I was f*cking about with someone in jail with some /mes. I think if you went really into it, it's quite strange, which is why it's banned, simple as.

RapeRP is banned because it's weird. That's all it is. Killing someone isn't weird in games. But raping someone is. In the same way kids love an action film even though murder is horrific, but would not love a snuff movie, for obvious reasons
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 2 users Like Nuka's post:
  • mgdwszx, Zyphix